- Find another committee
All of the committees are listed below in alphabetical order.
If you prefer, you can search for a committee in the search bar below and the list will be refined as you type.
- Academic Calendar Advisory Committee
- Academic Scholarship Committee
- Athletics Advisory Council
- Campus Sustainability Committee
- Commencement Committee
- Curriculum Committee
- Development Leave Committee, Faculty
- Distance Education Committee
- Distinguished Lecturer Series Committee
- Distinguished Professor Review Committee
- Diversity Committee, Faculty
- Enhancing Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities (EURECA) Advisory Committee
- Evaluation Committee, Faculty
- Excellence in Scholarly and Creative Accomplishments Committee, Faculty
- Excellence in Service Committee, Faculty
- Excellence in Teaching Committee, Faculty
- Homecoming Steering Committee
- Honors College Advisory Committee
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- IT/Academic Advisory Committee
- Parking Appeals Committee
- Professional Academic Center for Excellence (PACE) Advisory Committee
- Protection of Human Subjects, Committee For
- Ring Committee
- Space Management & Utilization Committee
- Staff Excellence Award Committee
- Student Disciplinary Hearing Committee
- Student Financial Aid Appeals Committee
- Student Life Admissions Screening Committee
- Student Services Fee Advisory Committee
- University Compliance Committee
- University Diversity Committee
- University Marketing Committee
- University Patent Committee
- Wellness Program Committee
- Women's Advisory Committee, Faculty
- Writing in the Disciplines Committee
Faculty/Staff - President
Students - Student Government Association
Reports to: Vice President for Student Affairs
Number of Members: 9
Correct as of: September 2019
Purpose. Section 54.503, Texas Education Code, as amended, relates to Student Affairs fees at public institution of higher education and provides the definition of "Student Affairs" for this section as activities which are separate and apart from the regularly scheduled academic functions of the institution and directly involve or benefit students, including textbook rentals, recreational activities, health and hospital services, medical services, intramural and intercollegiate athletics, artists and lecture series, cultural entertainment series, debating and oratorical activities, student publications, student government, the student fee advisory committee, student transportation services other than services under Section 54.504 (Incidental Fees), . . . and any other student activities and services specifically authorized and approved by the governing board of the institution. The term does not include services for which a fee is charged under another section of this code.
Section 54.5031 provides for the establishment of a Student Fee Advisory Committee at each institution . . . to advise the governing board and administration . . . on the type, amount, and expenditure of compulsory fees for Student Affairs under Section 54.503.
The committee shall:
(1) study the type, amount, and expenditure of a compulsory fee (charged to all enrolled students) under Section 54.503 of this code; and
(2) meet with appropriate administrators of the institution, submit a written report on the study under Subdivision (1) of this subsection, and recommend the type, amount, and expenditure of a compulsory fee to be charged for the next academic year. Each version of the report generated by this committee should go to the President and Vice President for Student Affairs concurrently.
Before recommending the student fee budget to the governing board, the President shall consider the report and recommendations of the committee. If the President's recommendations to the governing board are substantially different from the committee's recommendations to the President, the administration of the institution shall notify the committee not later than the last date on which the committee may request an appearance at the board meeting. On request of a member of the committee, the administration of the institution shall provide the member with a written report of the President's recommendation to the board.
Member Appointments. Committee is composed of nine members.
Students: Five students who are enrolled for not less than 6 SCH are appointed by Student Government Association - 3 students serve two-year terms, 2 students serve one-year terms. STUDENT MEMBERS are notified of their terms of appointment by the University President. STUDENT MEMBERS who withdraw from school must resign from the committee; SGA nominates replacement to fill student vacancy for unexpired term.
Faculty/Staff: Four members who are representatives of the entire institution. Three faculty members nominated by the chair of the committee and one staff member selected by the President serve staggered three-year terms expiring May 31 (i.e., academic year). Revised September 23, 1996
Chair Appointment. Associate Vice President for Student Affairs or Dean of Students serves as the nonvoting chair.
Keith Jenkins, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
Term expires May 31, 2021:
Lynn Clopton, Director Finance & Budget
Term expires May 31, 2022:
Nicholas Graves, Arts & Media
Term expires May 31, 2020:
Dianna Kim, Newton Gresham Library
Terms expire May 31, 2020:
Terms expire May 31, 2021:
To Report Errors
All errors in committee listings should be reported in writing to:
Mail: Campus P.O. Box 2394