A Sam Houston State University transcript is the official record of as student’s academic college credits (transfer courses reported to Sam Houston, credits earned by exam – CLEP), including all undergraduate and graduate level courses and degrees earned.
At the request of the student, the transcript may be a comprehensive record of all coursework and degrees, or may be limited to 1) undergraduate coursework and degrees, or 2) graduate coursework and degrees. Sam Houston State University official transcripts are printed on security paper with the transcript legend on the back.
How To Order Official Transcripts
Note: First-time Parchment users will need to create an account.
- College of Osteopathic Medicine
Students in the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program may request an "SHSU College of Osteopathic Medicine" official transcript, which contains professional coursework.
Alumni and Former Students
Note: First-time Parchment users will need to create an account.
- Regarding the ordering process
Email notifications, experience login issues, or need first-hand assistance
Parchment Help Center
Need help with your transcript order? The best first step is to log into your Parchment account, then visit the Parchment Help Center.
Here is how Parchment Help Center can assist you:
- Find answers to frequently asked questions and articles to support your needs.
- You can also engage with ParchieBot, Parchment's intelligent chat function designed to answer your questions and provide order information.
- From the Parchment Help Center, you can submit a web case for support or contact a Parchment Learner Support Representative for assistance. The Parchment Support Team is available M-F, 8am - 8pm ET.
How-To Videos Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Parchment How-To Guide
- Regarding the contents of your transcript
Grades, GPA, academic history, or academic standing
Please contact the Office of the Registrar via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note on Parchment
Effective, October 17, 2016, orders for official transcripts will be processed through Parchment, a service which provides online ordering availability 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
Key features of this service include:
- Check order status for online orders by logging into the Parchment portal.
- 24/7 access. You may submit your request from anywhere in the world.
- Faster service. Your transcript may be mailed as early as one business day after submitting your request (instead of 3 business days), pending no transcript holds and successful match-up of student information.
- Easy address look-up. A search feature connects you to a database of many college and university mailing addresses.
- Status updates. Receive email updates on the status of your request, from receipt of the order to a notice when the transaction is complete. This includes confirmation numbers, express delivery tracking numbers, and toll-free phone assistance. If there is a problem in processing your request, you are notified via email.
When paying online for your transcript, be assured Parchment uses encryption technology to keep your information secure.
Additional Transcript Information
The following types of transcript requests will not be processed as the information is not included on the official transcript record:
- Transcripts indicating in-progress correspondence coursework (Note: Effective June 2011, completed correspondence courses appear in the transfer coursework section of the official transcript at the time a final grade has been posted to the student record. These courses are calculated into the transfer grade point average.)
- Students registered (current or previously) in Continuing Education courses exclusively
- Students registered in "audit" courses exclusively (Audit courses do not receive college credit.)
The official transcript record provided by the Office of the Registrar will ONLY include "college credit" courses.
Transcript Hold Information
Official transcripts will not be released for students with a record hold on their account. Listed below are the most common record holds which prohibit the release of an official transcript.
- Past Due Account (includes Collections, Current Term Registration Balance)
- Student Life Holds (includes Discipline Meet and Bookstore holds)
- Property Holds associated with departments, and specific departments such as Disability Office, and Project Connect Office
- Finance Aid Holds (includes Exit Counseling, Federal Grant Refund/Overpay, and Perkins Loan holds)
- Registrar Holds (includes Final Degree Requirements and Transcript-Returned Check holds)
- Residence Life Holds
- New International Student Service Fee
Order In Person – Option No Longer Available
The option to request an in-person transcript is no longer available. This service is available as an online ordering service through Parchment. Please refer to the “How to Order Official Transcripts” section from this page for details.
Order By Mail
SHSU no longer accepts transcript requests via mail. All requests must be submitted online through Parchment. Information on how to order a transcript online can be found above under the "How To Order Official Transcripts" section.
Order By Proxy
SHSU no longer accepts transcript requests via proxy. All requests must be submitted online through Parchment. Information on how to order a transcript online can be found here.
How To Access Unofficial Transcripts
Because all academic transcripts are official, an “unofficial transcript” may not be ordered. A student may be able to view their unofficial transcript record by logging in to My Sam as long as the student does not have any holds on their record.
You may print your unofficial transcript through My Sam by following the instructions in the following link: How to Print Your Unofficial Transcript.
- Access with Username and Password Via MySam
Students or Alumni who have a username and password may view an unofficial transcript online by logging into MySam, > Campus Resources Tab, > "Office of the Registrar" heading, > under "Transcripts," click "Unofficial."
If you need help resetting your password, please use the password reset program (or go to www.shsu.edu, click "Campus Tools," select "Sam Web," click Forgot Password)
- Access With Only Sam ID and PIN
Former students who only have a SamID and PIN can access unofficial transcripts here. You will enter your SamID in the User ID field.
If you need help resetting your PIN, please use the PIN reset program.