COVID-19 Community Level: Low
The CDC recommends these prevention measures for the current COVID-19 Community Level:
As of May 5:
The university will implement a few changes to its current procedures for the Fall ’22 semester:
- On-campus housing will NOT be offered for quarantine OR isolation
- Diagnostic testing will continue to be offered, but it will not be free
- The university will have free, at-home test kits for the Fall semester, while supplies last
- Website updates. Please look for changes prior to the start of the semester. Additional correspondence will be sent to your SHSU.edu email with updates to policy and procedures
- Watch your SHSU email account for health-related communications from the Student Health Center as we prepare to return to campus in the Fall
Information by Audience
All Bearkats are encouraged to get vaccinated, wherever it’s available. Vaccines.gov provides distribution locations anywhere in the country.
Texas Department of State Health Services
Global/National Health Organizations
County COVID-19 Data
Select a county and range of dates in the digital workbook below to see trends in COVID-19 cases in Texas counties. SHSU's main campus is located in Walker County. SHSU-The Woodlands Center and SHSU's College of Osteopathic Medicine are located in Montgomery County.