To find information pertaining to COVID-19, please visit the following:
- The Student Health Center will continue to have over-the-counter COVID-19 test kits available for students, faculty and staff in the Fall semester free of charge.
- In-clinic COVID-19 testing associated with a Student Health Center appointment will also be free of charge for students.
COVID Absence Notification Process
Students should make contact directly with their professors to determine their policy for illness related absences.
If the professor notifies the student that a medical or doctor’s note is required, the student has the following options-
- If a student has had a medical appointment, they may contact the medical office where they had an appointment to request a note.
- An SHSU student may ONLY contact the Student Health Center for a medical excuse note if they had a scheduled medical appointment at the health center and were seen for a sick visit.
An SHSU student may contact the Dean of Students office for an absence notification form ONLY if they have tested positive for COVID and can provide proof of that positive test along with their absence request, this would be a lab report or if they performed a home self-test a picture of their positive test result.
To complete an absence request form visit the Dean of Students website.
Positive Test - What Steps Do I Take?
SHSU is following current CDC guidance for Isolation and precautions for people with COVID-19. Please review the guidance and then if you have any follow up questions or need clarification please email COVID19@shsu.edu
State/National COVID-19 Resources
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC Quarantine and Isolation Calculator
SHSU COVID-19 Resources
- If you are an employee or supervisor of an employee that needs information on absences or leave related to COVID illness or exposure please visit the Human Resources website regarding personal time off.
- If you are a student who needs guidance or health information please visit the Student Health Center website or call 936.294.1805.
- COVID-19 Work Group: firstname.lastname@example.org