The Office of Assessment is dedicated to promoting best practices in higher education assessment. We offer support and assistance to programs, offices, and departments campus-wide. Additionally, we support the assessment of Sam Houston State University's Core Learning Objectives.
For more information, or for assistance with your assessment efforts, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
News & Updates
Changes for the 2022-2023 Cycle
- Units that have performance objectives will notice that the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) plan item now includes a Target field.
- The target is the benchmark, value, or result that will represent success at achieving a performance objective.
- In previous cycles, this information was included in the KPI itself. Separating the KPI and target will help ensure that targets are not overlooked.
- The Target field will appear when the 2022-2023 cycle opens. This field will appear for all cycles, but it does not need to be filled in for 2021-2022. If your unit is still making changes to the 2021-2022 plan, this field can be ignored for that plan year.
- To prevent having two cycles open at once, we are moving the cycle closing date from the beginning of October to September 15.
- The new cycle will open 1-2 business days later.
- A complete list of deadlines can be found on the Anthology Planning webpage.
- As always, if you have questions or need assistance with your assessment efforts, please contact us at email@example.com.