The SHSU College of Health Sciences aspires to educate health science professionals and collaborates with community and global partners to provide accessible student-centered education in the health professions for a diverse population of traditional and non-traditional students. The Departments of Kinesiology, Family & Consumer Sciences, and Population Health and the School of Nursing reside under the umbrella of the SHSU College of Health Sciences.
Choosing an educational path in Health Sciences allows students to join careers that are in high demand with higher first year salaries than other degrees. Those with a passion for serving find out they can enhance the human quality of life with a health science degree.
Possible careers include:
- Health Care Managers
- Interior Designers
- Registered Dietetic Nutritionists
- Catering Entrepreneurs
- Sports Business Professionals
- Athletic Trainers
- Family Consumer & Science Teachers
- Physical Education Teachers
- Fashion Technologists
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or connect on our social media.
The Lee Drain Building will be undergoing a major renovation of its first floor beginning November 10, 2020. The renovation is expected to last until June 2021. Access for individuals with disabilities will be impacted during this timeframe. During the renovation, all first floor entrances will be closed and the elevator will also terminate at the second floor. Temporary ramps will be installed at the north (main) entrance and the southwest side of Bearkat Plaza to facilitate easier access to the building.
Please consult the MAP for the best route to enter and exit the building during construction.
- Bachelor's Degrees
- BS Athletic Training
- BA Bilingual Health Care Studies
- BS Wellness Management
- BA Family & Consumer Sciences
- BS Family & Consumer Sciences
- BA Fashion Merchandising
- BS Fashion Merchandising
- BS Food Science and Nutrition
- BS Food Service Management
- BS Health Sciences
- BA Interior Design
- BS Interior Design
- BS Health Care Administration
- BS Kinesiology
- BS Kinesiology - Applied Exercise Science
- BS Kinesiology - Clinical Exercise Science
- BS Kinesiology - Physical Education Teacher Certification
- BS Public Health
- BSN Nursing
- Master's Degrees