The Student Success Technologies department is designed to help lead the charge in improving student success, retention and graduation rates by managing and implementing innovative education technologies. Our department serves as the center for accurate data related to student success initiatives and interventions. In using these analytics, our department identifies high-needs learners to inform student support services who then assist these students early on to increase the likelihood of success.
To assess, maintain and manage a system of engagement using technology as related to student enrollment so that support services can root their practices in data-driven ways.
Values & Principles
- Collaboration. We strive to not only work in a collaborative way with departments, but to support departments in their student success initiatives and assessment.
- Evaluation. We believe in evaluating our decisions and practices through quantitative and qualitative data in order to improve how SHSU serves students.
- Outcome-oriented. We maintain focus on the overall goals at the unit and institutional levels.
- Adaptability. Our area is willing to question, change, and improve our processes in order to progress and support departments in how they are serving students.
The Student Success Technologies department is responsible for providing management and oversight to the Campus Connect student success platform in a way that brings together administrators, faculty, advisors, and staff to support students from enrollment to graduation. In order to do so, the Student Success Technologies department will:
- Create and maintain a culture of support by collaborating with faculty, advisors and specialized support staff to address student needs.
- Provide ongoing support, training, and communication with departments regarding system changes and features.
- Utilize predictive analytics to identify and prioritize students who would benefit from student support services.
- Equip student support services with information about students to proactively and collaboratively track student outcomes to ensure ongoing success.
- Manage the execution and effectiveness of system functionalities to identify student trends and needs based on department connectivity and student outcomes.
- Implement success-based student communications via Campus Connect in targeting different populations based on needs.
- Conduct research, quantitatively and qualitatively, to collect data on non-returners, stop-outs, and low-performers to pinpoint areas of concern in addressing retention and persistence.