Student Health Center (SHC)
To learn more about updates from Sam Houston State University in response to COVID-19, please visit: https://www.shsu.edu/katsafe/coronavirus.
The Student Health Center is dedicated to protecting the health of the SHSU community. Until further notice, the Student Health Center is implementing the following actions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the novel Coronavirus:
- The Student Health Center is open 8:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 5:00pm
- The Student Health Center is currently operating through telehealth services
- Please call 936-294-1805 to discuss your appointment needs
- Prescriptions are available for pick up through the Pharmacy's walk-up window (located by the patio outside of the Center) or by calling 936-294-1803
- Immunization services are not available at this time
You can assist in preventing the spread of COVID-19 by adhering to the following practices as advised by the CDC:
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and put distance between yourself and other people
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others
We engage Bearkats in their personal health and wellness. We share your goals of keeping you healthy and support your academic success.
To provide safe and quality driven care to the students of SHSU in a patient-centered environment with a teamwork approach.
See what services the SHC has to offer and how they can help you maintain your health!