Student Health Center (SHC)
SCHEDULE TODAY: All SHSU faculty, staff and students wanting a Janssen Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine can now self-schedule an appointment on select weekdays by logging in to the Patient Portal.
If you would like more information on the COVID-19 vaccines, please visit the CDC COVID-19 Vaccine page.
- Asymptomatic testing is available for all students, staff and faculty and can be self-scheduled through the Student Health Center Patient Portal by selecting appointment reason CO19Test
- The SHC has both PCR and Rapid Antigen testing available
- Per CDC, fully vaccinated persons can refrain from testing:
- Before leaving the United States for international travel (unless required by the destination) and refrain from self-quarantine after arriving back in the United States
- Following a known exposure, if asymptomatic
- Symptomatic testing is offered through the SHC for current students by calling 936-294-1805 to schedule an appointment. Faculty and staff should seek medical care from their personal medical provider if having COVID-19 symptoms
The Student Health Center will continue to offer vaccination and testing services throughout the Summer and Fall semesters. The particular vaccine available will be based on which vaccine we can obtain from DSHS at any given time. If you have questions about which vaccine is available please call us to inquire.
We engage Bearkats in their personal health and wellness. We share your goals of keeping you healthy and support your academic success.
To provide safe and quality driven care to the students of SHSU in a patient-centered environment with a teamwork approach.
See what services the SHC has to offer and how they can help you maintain your health!