Student Health Center (SHC)
To learn more about updates from Sam Houston State University in response to COVID-19, please visit: https://www.shsu.edu/katsafe/coronavirus.
The Student Health Center is dedicated to protecting the health of the SHSU community. Until further notice, the Student Health Center is implementing the following actions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the novel Coronavirus:
- All appointments should be scheduled by calling 936-294-1805. Walk-in and online appointments are not being accepted.
- No routine visits are allowed at this time including physicals, immunizations, well-woman exams, allergy injections, and tuberculosis testing.
- All patients will be screened and asked about travel history and symptoms.
- For prescription refill requests, call 936-294-1803. To transfer a prescription, please call and give the pharmacy name, phone number, and fax number.
You can assist in preventing the spread of COVID-19 by adhering to the following practices as advised by the CDC:
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
We engage Bearkats in their personal health and wellness. We share your goals of keeping you healthy and support your academic success.
To provide safe and quality driven care to the students of SHSU in a patient-centered environment with a teamwork approach.
See what services the SHC has to offer and how they can help you maintain your health!