Fall 2018 awards are currently being processed. Our office will send an email to your SHSU account once awards have been posted to MySAM.
Need to check your financial aid status?
- Login to mysam.shsu.edu and go to the My Account tab and then the Financial Aid section to check your information.
- Financial Aid refunds will start 3-5 business days after awards disburse.
No Financial Aid?
- If you have not received a financial aid package, please login to mysam.shsu.edu to create a payment plan and/or emergency loan.
Financial aid requirements are displayed in My Sam under the My Account tab. When you see a red flag, click the Financial Aid Status link, just below the "Choose Another Year" drop down box. Additional information regarding the red flag will be provided there.
SHSU Selected as Terry Foundation School
Please visit the SHSU Terry Website for additional information about the full ride Terry Foundation Scholarship.
New Document Requirement
|Incomplete verification packets will NOT be accepted. This includes, but is not limited to: forms, tax return transcripts and/or any other requested documents for verification purposes or special circumstances. No exceptions!|
Transfer Students - Instructions
Refunds - When you can expect your refund.
To proceed, you MUST be on an installment plan during the Fall or Spring semesters. Summer does not have that requirement.
The Net Price Calculator is intended for incoming freshman as a means of estimating the amount of aid they will receive. Actual amounts may vary based on application date and availability of funds.
Check Your Status - Banner Self Service
Have you applied for financial aid? You can check the status of your aid using the steps below. An application must have been received by Undergraduate Admissions or Graduate Programs in order to access this system.
- Banner Self Service Via My Sam:
- Click on My Account;
- Financial Aid Requirements;
- Select the correct aid year;
- Any outstanding requirements will be displayed.
Are you a Work Study student?
- View our Employment Opportunities
- For more complete job descriptions and application instructions, go to Jobs for Kats. Tip: To search for details on a specific job, use the job ID number listed.
Students who are interested in a listed employment opportunity and have an aid package that does not include work study may contact a Financial Aid Counselor for an eligibility review.
Grant Program TEACH Grant!
Check out Bearkat Promise!
The Financial Aid & Scholarships office is located on the 2nd floor of the Estill Building, and is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of University holidays. Please feel free to visit us with questions, or call us at 936-294-1774. The University's toll free number is 866-232-7528. Ask for our department.
SHSU Financial Aid & Scholarships
1903 University, Estill 201
Huntsville TX 77341-2328
TEL: (936) 294-1774
FAX: (936) 294-3668
Toll Free: (866) BEARKAT