HonorsSPEAK!: Honors Requirements
Students interested in learning more about the Elliott T. Bowers Honors College are invited to hear from Honors alumnus Sean Hamilton as he describes requirements for being in Good Standing with Honors and Graduating with Honors as well as how to accomplish each.
As an Elliott T. Bowers Honors College student, it is important that you are familiar with and maintain the outlined requirements below to stay in good standing.
To stay in good standing with the Honors College, students must:
- Maintain a cumulative SHSU GPA of 3.25.
- Attend Honors Advising once per semester.
- Maintain progress towards completing honors requirements.
- 18 hours of Honors contracts/courses
- 6 hours of Honors Seminars
- Engage in at least 10 hours of Community Service per semester (Optional).
- Completing at least 10 hours of community service each semester qualifies you for Advance Registration. Every semester, Honors students are the first group of students on campus who are able to register once Advance Registration opens. This Honors exclusive advantage allows you to schedule your classes in a manner that is most convenient for you without having to worry about the availability of seats in a certain course. If you don't complete these service hours, you will have to register for the following semester's courses according to your classification (Senior, Junior, Sophomore, Freshmen, etc) and the registrar's outlined alpha schedule.
- Attend at least 3 Honors events per academic year.
The Elliott T. Bowers Honors College
Academic Building IV Suite 201 | Box 2479 | Huntsville, Texas 77341-2479
Phone: (936) 294.1477 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org