Incoming freshman students have the opportunity to live in Sam Houston State University's newest residence hall, PINEY WOODS HALL. Accepted students are not required to live in Honors housing unless they are a Sam Houston Honors Scholar. To register for on-campus housing, visit SHSU RESIDENCE LIFE. When you apply, you should indicate that you wish to be placed in Honors housing in Piney Woods Hall- 6th floor. Our Honors College office notifies the Housing staff of new student admissions to the Honors College on a weekly basis.
Current students that are already registered for on-campus housing have the opportunity of selecting a room within the designated Honors Housing in Sam Houston State University's newest residence hall, PINEY WOODS HALL. To do this, select Honors Housing via the Residence Life portal used to select your current on-campus housing.
Transfer students and current students that are not registered for on-campus housing, per Residence Life policy will not be placed as priorities for on-campus housing in the designated Honors Housing. Transfer students and current students not registered for on-campus housing are encouraged to secure off-campus housing as soon as possible. For more information on off-campus housing, visit RESIDENCE LIFE'S APARTMENT LISTING RESOURCE.
Piney Woods Hall
- Beginning in Fall 2017, Honors housing will be located in Piney Woods Hall, SHSU's newest housing facility.
- The complex features double occupancy rooms with an in-room microwave, refrigerator and suite baths with enhanced privacy.
- The building also has a Community Learning Center with state-of-the-art technology and a 24-hour computer lab reserved for residents.
- Both indoor and outdoor community space is available for group activities.
- The Honors community will reside in the complex on the 6th Floor.
- Honors Students have the opportunity to live in specially designated Honors rooms.
- Incoming freshman are required to live in on-campus housing but do not have to select Honors housing.
- Current students are not required to change their housing in order to select Honors housing.
- Students must be accepted into the Honors College to be able to apply for Honors housing.
For more information, visit PINEY WOODS HALL.
The Elliott T. Bowers Honors College
Academic Building IV Suite 202 | Box 2479 | Huntsville, Texas 77341-2479
Phone: (936) 294.1477 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org