The mission of the Engineering Technology program at Sam Houston State University is to provide an educational program designed to assist students in acquiring the knowledge, skills, and experiences through which they may prepare themselves for rewarding and meaningful roles in an engineering and technology society.
The Engineering Technology program has offered degrees since its founding in 1910. Over the past 100+ years the program has evolved to meet the changing needs of business & industry. Engineering Technology majors use principles and theories of science, engineering, and mathematics to solve technical problems in research and development, manufacturing, sales, construction, inspection, and maintenance. The engineering technology program at Sam Houston State University is intended to provide students with the educational experience to meet industry management, leadership, physical sciences, technology of industry, and basic engineering for the solution of problems involving industrial products, services, materials and processes, and the supervision and management of facilities and personnel.
- Learn to communicate effectively in a professional environment.
- Understand the need for professionalism in students' respective field of employment.
- Understand the ethical and societal impact of engineering and technology practices.
- Achieve professional knowledge, skillset, and competence in Engineering Technology.
- Demonstrate job preparedness and specific background training in Engineering Technology.
- Apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly defined engineering and technology problems.
- Design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly defined engineering and technology problems.
- Apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly dined technical and non-technical environments.
- Identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- Conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes.
- Function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
- Ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
- Understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity.
- A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context; and a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
For course catalog CLICK HERE
For more program information CLICK HERE