The Construction Management program provides knowledge and proficiency for students to succeed in a construction management profession through conventional and applied academic learning environments.
Program Educational Objective
- Provide fundamental knowledge of building design, materials, cost estimating, scheduling, construction documentation, and personnel management.
- Utilize critical thinking and logical decision making to solve challenges in construction industry.
- Enhance communication and leadership skills to build a teamwork with construction stakeholders.
- Instill an environmental, health and safety mindset to implement a sustainable construction project.
- Apply construction management fundamentals to successfully manage the delivery of construction projects within the contractually defined delivery system by completing a project on time, under budget, of desired quality.
- Interpret construction documents thereby having the ability to communicate with all project stakeholders in a professional approach to deliver a successful construction project.
- Acquire methods, materials, and equipment used to construct projects.
- Demonstrate leadership, people management, and effective communication skills in construction projects.
- Promote stewardship of both the natural and the designed environments through the best professional practice of sustainable construction management, and material utilization.
- Perform standard tests, organize and interpret test data, and apply test results to improve construction processes.
- Recognize professional, ethical and social responsibilities, and diversity in construction management.
- Acquire learning through applied industry experiences, services, and life-long learning.
- Administer safety awareness, accident prevention, and regulatory compliance in the construction workplace.
Enrollment and Graduation Statistics (2017 ~ 2019)
|Fall 2017||Spring 2018||Summer 2018||Fall 2018||Spring 2019||Summer 2019||Fall 2019|
- Project supervision
- Cost estimation
- Construction scheduling
- Quality control
- BIM/VDC coordination
- Construction consultation
- Property development