The mission of the Electronics and Computer Engineering Technology Program is to foster future professionals through quality education and application oriented experiences to contribute to the advancement of hardware, software, and systems engineering.
Program Educational Objective
- Graduates will apply their theoretical knowledge of electrical and electronics devices, circuits, and systems to test, troubleshooting, analyze, interpret, improve, and design electronics and computer engineering technology.
- Graduates will employ standard analysis and design techniques widely used in ECET area and will apply basic principles of science and mathematics to solve non-standard problems.
- Graduates will employ modern information technologies to acquire electrical and electronics data and materials worldwide.
- Graduates will collaborate with other professionals as members of technical teams and will communicate effectively with both oral and writing skills.
- Graduates will analyze and manage technical projects using accepted, quantitatively-based methods, and commercial and custom software for project management in the related engineering technology.
- Graduates will grow professionally through self-study, continuing education, participation in professional societies, and the pursuit of possible professional registration or licensure.
- Graduates will consider the social and ethical implications of their work and will comply with all codes and regulations governing their work.
Employment prospects for the ECET graduates are abundant not only in Texas, but all across the United States and the world. The Bachelor of Science degree in the ECET qualifies graduates for entry-level positions in areas such as Electrical, Electronics, Computer Engineering Technology technical sales and writing, purchasing, industrial supervision, production, testing, operating, maintaining, instrumentation, interfacing, quality control, and other related areas of the variety of industrial settings.
Potential Career Titles:
- Electronic Engineering Technologist
- Systems Analyst
- Instrumentation Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Control Technician
- Plant Engineer
- Electronics Technician
- Production Engineer
- Quality Control Engineer
- Technical Sales Representative
- Technical Sales Engineer
- Control Technologist
- Application Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Power Systems Planner
- Technical Writer
- Airway Transportation Systems Specialist
- Solar Power System and Wind Turbine Systems Installer & Operator
- Component Failure Analyst
- Electrical Systems Project Engineer