Effective through Dec 31, 2020
University Sponsored international travel is prohibited. Any personal/convenience travel will require 14 days of self-isolation after returning to the employees domicile and before reporting to work on campus. The CDC and US Department of State advises against cruise ship travel (Warning – Level 3). Any cruise ship travel requires self-isolation upon return.
- Please factor the isolation period into your schedule in order to avoid missing critical class time.
- Should travel or isolation period impact attendance or coursework requirements, individual faculty members have discretion to grant or deny requests for accommodation.
- International students and student athletes must notify the Office of International Programs (OIP) and, when appropriate, the Athletic Director of their travel plans prior to travel. OIP or Athletic Director must approve all plans prior to travel and the dates for return to campus.
Student travel is funded by institutional funds only and students are required to follow the same policies and guidelines as employees. Student travel does not include out of town athletic events, student teaching, internships, practicums, observations, or research.
Additional Steps to Follow
Need Funding? The Student Affairs Travel Fund provides financial assistance to registered student organizations, in good stand, seeking to bring recognition to Sam Houston State University through participation in off-campus, regional, state, national and international student events, conferences, competitions, etc. These funds are not intended to strictly support academic programming. For more information, see Student Travel Funds Guidelines.Student Affairs
Gather Documents. The SHSU employee traveling with a student group is responsible for coordination, collections, and submittal of required documentation including completed and signed Emergency Medical Treatment Form and Release and Indemnification Agreement.
Setup Chrome River profile(s). Undergraduate students must be setup as a vendor in Chrome River by an admin staff to create pre-approval and expense travel reports.
- Complete Guest Traveler Setup Form
- Departmental admin will need to create a report utilizing their profile, selecting the guest/prospective employee as the traveler type, and the traveler’s name as the vendor.
- Once the vendor name is selected, then the report is tied to the traveler’s name and no longer in the name of the admin when information is transferred to Banner.
- Departmental admin’s profile in Chrome River will still be utilized for reports. Reports will be routed automatically through Chrome River for approval based on org used for expenses.
The Clery Act Travel Form must be completed at the end of overnight student travel (individual or student organizations) to record accurate times, dates, hotel, and room numbers. The University Police Department must collect crime statistics based on the information you submit.Clery Act Travel Form
International Travel must be approved by the respective Vice President in advance of the expenditure of funds. Each student traveling internationally must sign the Affirmation, Wavier and Liability Release.Foreign Travel