Effective through Dec 31, 2020
University Sponsored international travel is prohibited. Any personal/convenience travel will require 14 days of self-isolation after returning to the employees domicile and before reporting to work on campus. The CDC and US Department of State advises against cruise ship travel (Warning – Level 3). Any cruise ship travel requires self-isolation upon return.
- An employee’s supervisor must approve vacation requests in advance.
- Prior to travel that requires self-isolation upon returning to the employee’s domicile, an employee must secure pre-approval for leave or telecommuting during the period of self-isolation.
- Please factor the isolation period into your schedule in order to avoid missing critical class time.
- Should travel or isolation period impact attendance or coursework requirements, individual faculty members have discretion to grant or deny requests for accommodation.
- International students and student athletes must notify the Office of International Programs (OIP) and, when appropriate, the Athletic Director of their travel plans prior to travel. OIP or Athletic Director must approve all plans prior to travel and the dates for return to campus.
Submit Pre-Approval at Least 45 Days Prior to DepartureCreate Report
Travel must benefit the state of Texas and/or the university. Documents required to be completed for each traveler and attached to the Pre-Approval in Chrome River.
- Affirmation, Wavier and Liability Release
- Emergency Medical Treatment
- Itinerary while in the foreign country
- List of students (roster) if applicable
Attach all exchange receipts for reimbursements of cost and fees
Attach detailed personal debit/credit card statements to expense report to document exchange rate. Travel card automatically converts currency rate in Chrome River.
Changes must be reported to International Programs immediately.