Foreign travel is travel sponsored by the university when students and/or employees are traveling for academic or business purposes. When traveling internationally, follow the same travel procedures with a few additional steps listed below.Travel Procedures
Monitor Warnings & Alerts
Destinations with travel warnings or alerts is strictly prohibited for student travel. Employees may request a wavier, but are not guaranteed approval.SHSU Travel Handbook Travel Warnings/Alerts TSUS Rules & Regulations
Foreign travel must benefit the state of Texas and/or the university. Pre-approval reports are required at least 45 days prior to departure and must include the following documents for each traveler.
- Wavier and Liability Release, No Advisory or With Advisory
- Emergency Medical Treatment, Adult or Minor
- Itinerary while in the foreign country
- List of students (roster) if applicable
Report Any Changes
Changes must be reported to International Programs immediately.
- Attach all exchange receipts for reimbursements of cost and fees
- Attach detailed personal debit/credit card statements to expense report to document exchange rate. Travel card automatically converts currency rate in Chrome River.
Countries Restricted from Network
You cannot access the SHSU network from the following countries or regions:
- Cuba (CU)
- North Korea (KP)
- Iran (IR)
- Sudan (SD)
- Syria (SY)
- Crimea region (43)
- Donetsk region (14)
- Luhansk region (09)
- Sevastopol region (40)