Foreign travel is travel sponsored by the university when students and/or employees are traveling for academic or business purposes. When traveling internationally, follow the same travel procedures with a few additional steps listed below.
On this page
Monitor Warnings & Alerts
Destinations with travel warnings or alerts is strictly prohibited for student travel. Employees may request a wavier, but are not guaranteed approval.SHSU Travel Handbook Travel Warnings/Alerts
Foreign travel must benefit the state of Texas and/or the university. Pre-approval reports are required at least 45 days prior to departure and must include the following documents for each traveler.
- Wavier and Liability Release, No Advisory or With Advisory
- Emergency Medical Treatment, Adult or Minor
- Itinerary while in the foreign country
- List of students (roster) if applicable
Report Any Changes
Changes must be reported to International Programs immediately.
- Attach all exchange receipts for reimbursements of cost and fees
- Attach detailed personal debit/credit card statements to expense report to document exchange rate. Travel card automatically converts currency rate in Chrome River.