Piney Woods Hall is a co-ed residence hall located on the south side of campus, across from General's Market dining hall. The complex features double occupancy rooms with an in-room microwave, refrigerator and suite baths with enhanced privacy. The building also has a Community Learning Center with state-of-the-art technology (with computer lab) reserved for residents. Both indoor and outdoor community space is available for group activities.
Piney Woods Hall is home to several Living Communities available to first year students including:
- Agriculture Living Community
- College of Health Sciences: Health Careers Living Community
- Education Living Community
- Humanities and Social Sciences: People Helping Professions Living Community
- Military Science (ROTC) Living Community
- Pre-Nursing Living Community
- STEM Living Community
The building also houses the Honors Living Community which is available to all classifications.