- Students in a learning community attend two to three classes together each semester;
- This is a residential learning community; students in this program are grouped in the same residence hall;
- For more information, visit our FAQs page.
For future educators, the Education Learning Community provides a space for students to develop academic and social bonds with their peers. Students in this learning community also have opportunities to meet and hear professors from the College of Education and they develop a Learning Portfolio that they will use throughout their time as undergraduates.
Living in the Education LLC
The 28 students in this learning community reside in Piney Woods Hall, a coed residence hall.
Applying to the Education LLC
What are the requirements for admission the Education LLC?
In order to be considered for this community, students must be accepted to SHSU and have completed the housing application and paid the $200 housing deposit. The learning community application and accompanying essay are required for admission process. Learning community applications must be able to take all fall and spring classes on the learning community schedule.
How do I apply to the Education LLC?
Applications may be picked up at a Saturdays @ Sam! Session, at New Student Orientation, and at various offices on-campus. You can download the application using the "Apply Now" link above.
- Fall Courses
- POLS 2306.92 (CRN 83885): Texas Government
- UNIV 1301.72 (CRN 83190): Introduction to Collegiate Studies
- Spring Courses
- BIOL 1436.72 (CRN 23825): Foundations of Science
- CIEE 2333.01 (CRN 22497): Becoming a Teacher