Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
Exams with an * next to them are also available in SPANISH.
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester (BPAT)*
- Customer Service Inspector*
- Landscape Irrigation
- Landscape Irrigation Inspector
- Landscape Irrigation Technician*
- Landscape Irrigator (6-hour time limit)
- Leaking Petroleum Storage Tank (LPST)
- Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Facility Supervisors
- Class A (4-hour time limit)
- Class B (2-hour time limit)
- On-site Sewage Facility (OSSF)
- OSSF Designated Representative
- OSSF Installer I*
- OSSF Installer II
- OSSF Maintenance Provider*
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) On-Site Supervisor
- UST A
- UST B
- Wastewater Treatment and Collection System Operator
- Class I Wastewater Collection System Operator*
- Class II Wastewater Collection System Operator*
- Class III Wastewater Collection System Operator
- Class A Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator (6-hour time limit)
- Class B Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator
- Class C Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator*
- Class D Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator*
- Water Treatment and Distribution System Operators
- Class A Water Operator (6-hour time limit)
- Class B Groundwater Operator
- Class B Surface Water Operator
- Class B Water Distribution
- Class C Groundwater Operator*
- Class C Surface Water Operator*
- Class C Water Distribution*
- Class D Water System Operator*
- Water Treatment Specialists
- Class I
- Class II
- Class III
- You must be approved by TCEQ before registering for this exam.
- Contact TCEQ for approval inquiries: 512.239.1000
TESTING DAYS AND TIMES (Huntsville Campus)
- Monday - Friday
- Click here for available test times.
- Examinees need to report to the testing site at least 15-30 minutes prior to their scheduled testing time on their scheduled testing date.
- Three-hour time limit (Exceptions: Municipal Solid Waste A (4 hour), B (2 hour); Water Operator A (6hour); Landscape Irrigator (6 hour)
- $50.00 (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
- Current, unexpired picture identification (i.e., driver's license, passport, state-issued ID, military ID, student ID, etc.)
- Second form of ID (i.e., any of the previously listed photo IDs, social security card, birth certificate, credit/debit card, library card, etc.)
- Social Security number (required by TCEQ)
- Scores will be available immediately following completion of the test.
- Examinees are allowed four attempts in their approval period; Only two attempts can be made on the same day with no access to study materials between test sessions.
- Examinees are responsible for knowing and adhering to the retake policy.
- Registration/administration/test fee applies to each retake.
- Examinees should go to www.tceq.texas.gov to search and fill out an accommodation form.
- Once approved, examinee will register and sign up to take the exam at a TCEQ Office.
- NOTE: Examinee must contact TCEQ to find TCEQ office locations.
- Examinees with accommodations are NOT eligible to test at SHSU Testing Center per TCEQ guidelines.
- Contact TCEQ at 512.239.6133 for further information.
- TCEQ WEBSITE
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION