- Examinees must make an appointment prior to a requested testing date in order to take an exam (some exceptions do apply to certain exams). We have limited seating and appointments are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Examinees must pay the required registration/administration fee when registering for an exam. This payment may be in the form of check or money order (made payable to SHSU) or by credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover).
- All examinees must show appropriate picture identification along with a second form of indentificaton in order to take an exam . Acceptable forms of picture identification include, but are not limited to, state identification cards, driver's licenses, employee ID cards, military ID cards, passports, and student ID cards. Without proper ID the student will not be allowed to take an exam. Second forms of identification include, but are not limited to, social security cards, birth certificates, insurance cards, and credit cards.
- Examinees arriving for a test after the test has begun will not be allowed to begin testing. Late examinees will not receive a refund of the registration/administration fee and that fee will not be transferrable to another testing session. This policy also applies to no shows. If an examinee wishes to reschedule a test to another date and time, another payment of the registration/administration fee will be required.
- Examinees are requested not to bring electronic equipment of any kind (e.g., cell phones, pagers, laptops, etc.) with them to the Testing Center when taking an exam. Any items brought to the Center must be placed in a locker in the reception area prior to testing. The Testing Center will not be responsible for lost, stolen, or broken items checked. To ensure safety of these items, please leave them in your vehicle or at home while testing.
- No eating or drinking is allowed in the testing room.
- Examinees must keep noise to a minimum for the benefit of other examinees.
- Cheating is not allowed and examinees will be asked to stop testing and leave the Testing Center if found cheating. Appropriate procedures will be followed in regards to the testing company standard procedures and/or University protocols. Examples of cheating includes making an effort to remove test materials or notes from the testing room, not following test procedures, failing to stop work when time is called, disturbing or attempting to get answers from another examinee, using unauthorized aids during testing, disregarding proctors instructions, and any act that provides an unfair advantage and jeopardizes the integrity of the testing process.
- Family and/or friends may not wait for examinees in the Testing Center while tests are in progress. Adult visitors are informed of the length of the testing time and asked to return to the Center when testing is completed. The testing staff will refuse to test an examinee if they bring children to the Testing Center. Children are not allowed to wait in the waiting area until an examinee finishes their exam. If the examinee wishes to reschedule their test for another testing date they must pay the registration/administration fee again.
- All Testing Center fees are non-refundable and non-transferable (paid fees do not transfer to a different test date).
The Testing Center is an important resource for Sam Houston State University and the community. The Testing Center serves students and faculty in the proctoring of standardized state and national exams, exams for other universities, and licensing exams for other organizations. The staff of the Testing Center at SHSU is dedicated to educational integrity, therefore, these policies will be strictly enforced.