POLICIES FOR EXAMINEES
- Examinees must make an appointment at least 24 hours in advance, prior to the desired testing date, in order to take an exam. (Few exceptions may apply)
- The Testing Center has limited seating. Appointments are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Examinees must pay the required registration/administration fee when scheduling an exam.
- Payment can be made by credit card or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover).
NOTE: All Testing Center fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE. Paid fees do not transfer to a different test date.
LATE ARRIVALS, NO SHOWS & RESCHEDULING
- Examinees are encouraged to arrive at least 15 to 30 minutes prior to the exam start time.
- Examinees arriving after the exam start time may not be permitted to test. (Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Late examinees and No Shows will NOT receive a refund of the registration/administration fee. The fee will NOT be transferable to another testing session.
- If an examinee wants to reschedule a test to a different date and/or time, another payment of the registration/administration is required.
- Identification requirements differ by exam.
- Examinees are expected to review the policy of the specific exam for which they are registered. A link to each exam is provided on the Testing Center homepage: shsu.edu/testing. For clarification, examinees are encouraged to contact the Testing Center prior to exam day.
- All examinees must show an appropriate, unexpired, picture identification in accordance with the exam policy. Most exams require a second form of identification as well.
- Without proper identification, an examinee will not be allowed to test.
- Examinees are allowed to take only their picture ID into the testing lab. (Exceptions apply when stipulated by the exam policy)
- Examinees are encouraged to limit personal belongings brought to the Testing Center on the day of an exam.
- Examinees must store ALL personal belongings in an assigned locker or in their vehicle prior to testing.
- Personal belongings include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Laptop or electronic equipment of any kind
- Cell Phone (must be powered OFF completely, not on silent or vibrate)
- Watch (smart watch must be powered OFF)
- All jewelry, including wedding rings
- Purse and/or wallet
- Briefcase, backpack, or bag of any kind
- Comfort aids (eye drops, lip balm, etc.)
- Writing instruments
NOTE: The Testing Center is not responsible for forgotten, lost, stolen, or broken items.
The Testing Center will provide each examinee with pencils, ear plugs and scratch paper when applicable.
TESTING CENTER CONDUCT
- No food or beverage is allowed in the testing lab.
- No gum, tobacco products, or vaping is permitted in the testing lab.
- Examinees must keep noise to a minimum for the benefit of other examinees.
- Cheating is prohibited. If found cheating, the examinee will be asked to stop testing and leave the Testing Center. Action will be taken in accordance with the testing company standard procedures and/or University protocols. Examples of cheating include using unauthorized aids during testing, disturbing others or attempting to get answers from another examinee, failing to stop work when time is called, attempting to remove test materials or notes from the testing lab, not following testing procedures, disregarding a proctor's instructions, and any act that provides the examinee with an unfair advantage or jeopardizes the integrity of the testing process.
- Family and/or friends may not wait for an examinee in the Testing Center while tests are in progress. Adult visitors will be informed of the exam length and asked to return when testing is completed. Children are not allowed to wait in the reception area while an examinee is testing. An examinee who brings children to the Testing Center will not be allowed to take an exam. If the examinee wants to reschedule the exam for another date, the examinee must pay a new registration/administration fee.
- The Testing Center is dedicated to protecting the health of the SHSU community.
- Sanitation stations are available before and after entering the Testing Center.
- Lockers and testing stations are sanitized after each use.
- Any equipment used by an examinee is sanitized after each use.
- Everyone is encouraged to wash and sanitize their hands frequently, and practice social distancing.
- Wearing a mask is voluntary.
- Examinees are expected to stay home if sick.
- On exam day, each examinee must certify compliance and agree with the Health and Wellness Document.
The Testing Center is an important resource for Sam Houston State University and its surrounding communities. The Testing Center serves students and faculty in the proctoring of standardized state and national exams, exams for other universities, and licensing exams for other organizations. The staff of the Testing Center at SHSU is dedicated to educational integrity, therefore, these policies will be strictly enforced.