Welcome to the Testing Center!
Sam Houston State University Policy Information
The TSI Assessment tests are designed to provide placement, advisement, and guidance information for students entering institutions of higher education. These tests are developed by The College Board, with the help of committees of college faculty, to provide information about the student’s level of skill and accomplishment in reading, writing, and mathematics. It determines which courses are appropriate for the student and whether developmental classes are needed. The TSI Assessment presents the tests in a computer-adaptive mode and scores are available immediately after testing.
- All examinees must be pre-assessed before taking the TSI Assessment exam
- Information and instructions for taking the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) can be found here.
TESTING DAYS AND TIMES (Huntsville Campus):
- Monday - Friday
- Schedule: Designated times between 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- The test is untimed, but will comply with Testing Center business hours (all exams will be stopped/closed 15 minutes before the close of business)
- Seating is limited and registrations are done on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Initial test fee: $50.00 (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- Appointments for taking a test may be made via the Testing Center website; Click here to register
- Retest fee (non-refundable, non-transferable):
- 1 subject area: $15.00
- 2 subject areas: $30.00
- 3 subject areas: $50.00
Individuals wishing to test at a remote location must fill out the remote test application and submit at least 3 days in advance of their desired test date. Same day processing is not allowed.
- Current, unexpired Photo ID (i.e., driver’s license, passport, state-issued ID, military ID, student ID, etc.)
- Second form of ID (i.e., any of the previously listed photo IDs, social security card, birth certificate, credit/debit card, library card, etc.)
- Student ID number
- Scores will be available immediately following completion of the test.
- Students taking the TSI ASSESSMENT can retest at any time (pending registration and seat availability).
- Registration/administration fee applies.
STUDENT GUIDE WEB SITES:
- Visit our website at shsu.edu/testing.
- Email email@example.com
- Visit the office located in Academic Building IV, Room 102
- Call (936) 294-1025
- Write to the Testing Center, Box 2240 SHSU, Huntsville, Texas 77341-2240
- Contact the Office of Disability Services first for your accommodations letter to be forwarded to the Testing Center.
- Arrangements must be made with the Testing Center at least 2 weeks prior to testing.
- Contact the Testing Center via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (936)-294-1025.