TSI Assessment Version 2.0
Sam Houston State University Policy Information
The TSIA2 tests are designed to provide placement, advisement, and guidance information for students entering institutions of higher education. These tests are developed by The College Board, with the help of committees of college faculty, to provide information about the student’s level of skill and accomplishment in reading, writing, and mathematics. It determines which courses are appropriate for the student and whether developmental classes are needed. The TSIA2 presents the tests in a computer-adaptive mode and scores are available immediately after testing. Click here for more information on the TSIA2.
(Limited Time Offer)
Beginning July 12, 2021, all in-person and remote TSIA2 tests will be offered at no cost to SHSU students. This offer will not last long! Schedule an in-person exam or fill out a remote test application today!
Disclaimer: Offer applies to TSIA exams with a test date and registration date on July 12, 2021 and thereafter. Free offer does not apply to TSIA test dates or registration dates before July 12, 2021. This offer is subject to end at any time and without notice. Offer valid towards test administration fees only. At the conclusion of the offer, students will be responsible for paying applicable test administration fees.
- All examinees must be pre-assessed before taking the TSIA2 exam
- See Information and instructions for taking the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA).
- TESTING DAYS AND TIMES (Huntsville Campus)
- REGISTRATION/ADMINISTRATION/TEST FEE
- Initial test fee: $50.00 (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- Appointments for taking a test may be made via the Testing Center website; Click here to register
- Retest fee (non-refundable, non-transferable):
- 1 subject area: $15.00
- 2 subject area: $30.00
- 3 subject area: $50.00
- REMOTE TEST
- TSIA2 is currently being offered remotely through Examity (our virtual proctoring vendor)
- Remote testing may require an additional administration fee
- Click here to complete the remote test application.
- Please allow 3 days for application processing. Same day processing is not allowed.
- ITEMS NEEDED
- Current, unexpired Photo ID (i.e., driver’s license, passport, state-issued ID, military ID, student ID, etc.)
- Second form of ID (i.e., any of the previously listed photo IDs, social security card, birth certificate, credit/debit card, library card, etc.)
- Student ID number
- Students taking the TSIA2 can retest at any time (pending registration and seat availability).
- Registration/administration fee applies.
- STUDENT GUIDE WEB SITES
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS
- Contact the Office of Disability Services first for your accommodations letter to be forwarded to the Testing Center.
- Arrangements must be made with the Testing Center at least 2 weeks prior to testing.
- Contact the Testing Center via email email@example.com or call (936)-294-1025.