At this time, the Testing Center is not administering in-house exams. Future updates will be provided as soon as possible.
CLICK HERE FOR TESTING UPDATES
Our first priority is the safety and well-being of our employees and testing candidates like you. We have been actively monitoring the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and implementing measures to help protect your health and safety.
All scheduled test candidates will be contacted to discuss reschedule or remote test options (if available). These are unprecedented times. We know you’ve done a lot of work to prepare for your scheduled exam, and we hope you understand and support our decision to suspend test delivery (if necessary). Please see specific updates here.
COVID-19 Alert: As this is a rapidly evolving situation, please monitor our website at SHSU.edu/coronavirus for the most up-to-date university information. For examinees that are SHSU employees/students, we will also utilize our KatSafe messaging system for urgent communications. If you are not signed up for KatSafe, please go to SHSU.edu/KatSafe. All other examinees - please monitor your email and voicemail concerning changes to your test administration.
Due to the high volume of calls, the quickest way to get a response regarding your question or concern is to email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to leave a voicemail, please expect a response with 24-48 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Sam Houston State University Policy Information
The TSI Assessment tests are designed to provide placement, advisement, and guidance information for students entering institutions of higher education. These tests are developed by The College Board, with the help of committees of college faculty, to provide information about the student’s level of skill and accomplishment in reading, writing, and mathematics. It determines which courses are appropriate for the student and whether developmental classes are needed. The TSI Assessment presents the tests in a computer-adaptive mode and scores are available immediately after testing.
- All examinees must be pre-assessed before taking the TSI Assessment exam
- See Information and instructions for taking the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA).
- TESTING DAYS AND TIMES (Huntsville Campus)
- Monday - Friday
- Schedule: Designated times between 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- The test is untimed, but will comply with Testing Center business hours (all exams will be stopped/closed 15 minutes before the close of business)
- Seating is limited and registrations are done on a first-come, first-served basis.
- REGISTRATION/ADMINISTRATION/TEST FEE
- Initial test fee: $50.00 (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- Appointments for taking a test may be made via the Testing Center website; Click here to register
- Retest fee (non-refundable, non-transferable):
- 1 subject area: $15.00
- 2 subject areas: $30.00
- 3 subject areas: $50.00
- REMOTE TEST
Individuals wishing to test at a remote location must fill out the remote test application and submit at least 3 days in advance of their desired test date. Same day processing is not allowed.
- ITEMS NEEDED
- Current, unexpired Photo ID (i.e., driver’s license, passport, state-issued ID, military ID, student ID, etc.)
- Second form of ID (i.e., any of the previously listed photo IDs, social security card, birth certificate, credit/debit card, library card, etc.)
- Student ID number
- Scores will be available immediately following completion of the test.
- Students taking the TSI ASSESSMENT can retest at any time (pending registration and seat availability).
- Registration/administration fee applies.
- STUDENT GUIDE WEB SITES
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS
- Contact the Office of Disability Services first for your accommodations letter to be forwarded to the Testing Center.
- Arrangements must be made with the Testing Center at least 2 weeks prior to testing.
- Contact the Testing Center via email email@example.com or call (936)-294-1025.