ACCUPLACER tests are designed to provide placement, advisement, and guidance information for students entering institutions of higher education. These tests are developed by College Board, with the help of committees of college faculty, to provide information about the student’s level of skill and accomplishment in reading, writing, and mathematics. It determines which courses are appropriate for the student and whether developmental classes are needed. ACCUPLACER presents the tests in a computer-adaptive mode and scores are available immediately after testing.
- TESTING DAYS AND TIMES (Huntsville Campus)
- Monday - Friday
- Schedule: various times beginning at 9:00 a.m.
- Examinees need to report to the testing site at least 15-30 minutes prior to their scheduled testing time
- Three hour time limit
- REGISTRATION/ADMINISTRATION/TEST FEE
- Initial test fee: $50.00 (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- Retest fee (non-refundable, non-transferable):
- 1 subject area: $15.00
- 2 subject areas: $30.00
- 3 subject areas: $50.00
- SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
- REMOTE TEST
Individuals wishing to test at a remote location must fill out the remote test application and submit at least 3 days in advance of their desired test date. Same day processing is not allowed.
- ITEMS NEEDED
- Current, unexpired picture identification (i.e., driver’s license, passport, state-issued ID, military ID, student ID, etc.)
- Second form of ID (i.e., any of the previously listed photo IDs, social security card, birth certificate, credit/debit card, library card, etc.)
- Student ID number
- Scores will be available immediately following completion of the test
- Students taking the ACCUPLACER can retest at any time (pending registration and seat availability)
- Registration/administration/test fee applies
- ACCUPLACER WEBSITE