Effective, JANUARY 16, 2019, the Testing Center will no longer accept walk-ins for the ACCUPLACER, ACCUPLACER ESL, or TSI exams. Examinees are now required to register in advance. Examinees may also take advantage of testing at a location closer to home by accessing the remote test application. Thank you!
GRADUATE RECORD EXAMINATIONS (GRE)
(Sam Houston State University Policy Information)
ACCUPLACER tests are designed to provide placement, advisement, and guidance information for students entering institutions of higher education. These tests are developed by College Board, with the help of committees of college faculty, to provide information about the student’s level of skill and accomplishment in reading, writing, and mathematics. It determines which courses are appropriate for the student and whether developmental classes are needed. ACCUPLACER presents the tests in a computer-adaptive mode and scores are available immediately after testing.
TESTING DAYS AND TIMES (Huntsville Campus):
- Monday - Friday
- Schedule: various times from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Examinees need to report to the testing site at least 15-30 minutes prior to their scheduled testing time
- Three hour time limit
- Initial test fee: $50.00 (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- Retest fee (non-refundable, non-transferable):
- 1 subject area: $15.00
- 2 subject areas: $30.00
- 3 subject areas: $50.00
- Examinees may register for a scheduled test date via our website at www.shsu.edu/testing
- Seating is limited and registrations are done on a first-come, first-served basis
- Rescheduling will require a payment of another registration/administration/test fee
Individuals wishing to test at a remote location must fill out the remote test application and submit at least 3 days in advance of their desired test date. Same day processing is not allowed.
- Current, unexpired picture identification (i.e., driver’s license, passport, state-issued ID, military ID, student ID, etc.)
- Second form of ID (i.e., any of the previously listed photo IDs, social security card, birth certificate, credit/debit card, library card, etc.)
- Student ID number
- Scores will be available immediately following completion of the test
- Students taking the ACCUPLACER can retest at any time
- Registration/administration/test fee applies
- click here
- Website: www.shsu.edu/testing
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit: Academic Building IV, Room 102
- Call: (936) 294-1025
- Write: SHSU-Testing Center, Box 2240, Huntsville, Texas 77341-2240