AnnouncementsATTENTION: Spring 2024 schedule build now in progress.
Ad Astra Access
- Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- With the Subject Line: Ad Astra New Account Request (platform, ex. Ad Astra Monitor)
- And in the Body:
New Request for AccessFor a new request for access to Ad Astra, Ad Astra Monitor, Ad Astra Align, Ad Astra Predict, or Ad Astra Schedule, send ALL of the following information:
- Requestor Info: (1) Name, (2) Title, (3) SHSU User Name, (4) Department, and (5) Reason for access.
- Department chair (or higher) approval. Requestor should have the department chair submit the request (preferred), or can copy the department chair for follow-up.
Existing Account/Access IssuesFor existing account/ access issues with Ad Astra, Ad Astra Monitor, Ad Astra Align, Ad Astra Predict, or Ad Astra Schedule send All of the following information:
- Via Email: email@example.com
- With the Subject Line: Ad Astra Account Issue/ Password Reset Needed (platform, Ex. Ad Astra Monitor)
- And in the Body
- Requestor Info: (1) Name, (2)SHSU User Name, (3) Request to reset password.
Monitor and Align Login
Astra Schedule Login
Schedule Build Resources
Standard Class Meeting Times (Main Campus)
MWF TR MW, WF or MF 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM 8:00 AM - 9:15 AM 7:30 AM - 8:45 AM 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM 9:30 AM - 10:45 AM 10:00 AM - 10:50 AM 11:00 AM - 11:50 AM 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM 12:00 PM - 12:50 PM 12:30 PM - 1:45 PM 1:00 PM - 1:50 PM 2:00 PM - 2:50 PM 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM 3:00 PM - 3:50 PM 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM 4:00 PM - 4:50 PM
- The standardized schedule uses the common definition of a Carnegie Unit (50 minutes per credit hour).
- All classes with start times from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm must adhere to the standardized schedule.
Exceptions: Labs and Clinical or Practicum Courses; but, they should always start OR end on grid.
- Once-per-week classes that start prior to 3:30 pm must be paired according to one of the two-day per week patterns (MW, WF, MF, TR). For example, a Tuesday class starting at 9:30 am must be balanced by another Thursday class starting at the same time in the same room.
- Classes meeting during the summer term are not required to adhere to these scheduling guidelines, but should follow the rules of contact hours.
All classes are expected to conform to the guidelines above. Requests for exceptions are subject to the approval of the appropriate academic dean with final approval of the Office of the Provost.
Large Lecture Hall Guidelines
Schedule Build Timeline/Instructions
Schedule Maintenance Workflow Guides
How to Receive Access
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the Schedule Maintenance Workflow.
In the email please include:
- Your name
- Your username/email
- Your department
- Your title
How to Access Training
Contact email@example.com for training availability
- Changes to sections should be made before registration begins for the next term of the section.
- Keep in mind that changes could impact students' financial aid, credit hours, account balances, etc.
- Prior to cancelling a section, please verify the enrollment count is at zero.
- If enrollment exists prior to cancelling, please contact the enrolled students and notify of cancellation. If possible, cancel the section prior to first class day or prior to last day a student can add online.
- When submitting cancellation requests, please be as detailed as possible in the reasons for cancellation.
- Meeting time and place should be added immediately after generating a CRN or at a later time.
- The instructor should be added before the 1st class day.
- Communicate with Department Chair(s) for accuracy of schedule.
- Verify linked/crosslisted/coreqed/waitlisted sections with Schedule Build Team prior to advising opening for term of build.
- View Schedule of Classes
- Linked Courses - A lecture and lab with same prefix and number (ex: BIOL 1411). Lecture carries the hours and fee. Built at the Section level.
- Co-Requisite Courses - Courses that are required to be taken concurrently (ex: AGRI 1319 & AGRI 1119 or Learning Community Courses: ENGL 1301 & HIST 1301 & MATH 1314). Built at Catalog level.
- Cross Listed Courses - Courses that have the same instructor, at the same time, in the same room, and cover the same material (ex: MATH 3379 & stat 3379).
- Campus Building Liaison Report