Complete the Texas Medical & Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS) online application (primary application) by 5:00PM CST, Oct. 1.
Submit the following to TMDSAS to complete your application file:
- Application Fee – non-refundable, flat fee of $185. Fee required to begin processing.
- Official Transcripts - not required at time of submission, due by Oct. 15
- Letters of Evaluation and/or Health Professions Evaluations (HPE)
- Official MCAT Score Report
- Spring 2019 grades (or Winter 2019, if on quarter system)
Complete the Sam Houston State University – College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM) online Supplemental Application and fee paid by 5:00PM CST, Nov. 15.
You will receive an email invitation from SHSU-COM to complete the supplemental application after your completed primary application has been received from TMDSAS. The SHSU-COM accepts only credit cards for payment of the non-refundable application fee of $75. The supplemental application and fee are required for consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. College or University accredited by a Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board recognized accrediting body. (some course may be in progress, but completed before enrollment)
- Completion of the following courses with no grade below "C" (2.0 on a 4.0 scale):
- English, 6 credit hours
- Biology, including laboratory; 8 credit hours
- Physics, including laboratory; 8 credit hours
- General Chemistry, including laboratory; 8 credit hours
- Organic Chemistry, including laboratory; 8 credit hours
- Biochemistry can be substituted for Organic Chemistry II
- Mathematics, 6 credit hours - 3 hours must be Statistics
Requirements Prior to Enrollment
- A passing criminal background check prior to enrollment.
Influenza- Within one year from administered date
MMR Combined (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
Tetanus- Completed DPT (4+ vaccines) series
Hepatitis B- 3 vaccines, Positive antibody tier
- Drug Screening