Step 1: Complete the Texas Medical & Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS) online application
The following items are to be submitted to TMDSAS to complete your application file:
- Application Fee – non-refundable, flat fee of $200. Fee required to begin processing.
- Official Transcripts - (not required at time of submission)
- Letters of Evaluation and/or Health Professions Evaluations (HPE), due by November 15
- Official MCAT Score Report
- Spring 2021 grades (or Winter 2020, if on quarter system)
Step 2: Complete the SHSU-COM Supplemental Application
You will receive an email invitation from SHSU-COM to complete the supplemental application after your completed primary application has been received from TMDSAS. SHSU-COM accepts credit card payments only for the $75 non-refundable application fee. The supplemental application and fee are required for consideration.
SHSU-COM does not offer fee waivers.
Step 3: Submit your Altus Assessments (CASPer, Snapshot, Duet). All assessments are required.
* The supplemental application, application fee, and Altus Assessments (Casper, Snapshot, Duet) are required for consideration.
Holistic Review Statement
SHSU-COM Admissions practices a holistic review approach at several stages of the admissions process.
A holistic approach emphasizes the importance of balancing traditional metrics (i.e. academics) with experiences and attributes. Our mission driven holistic approach takes into consideration how each candidate’s diverse background and experiences contribute to classroom learning, clinical practice, and medical research.