Fall 2021 Move-In Dates
Appointments required for move-in. To schedule your move-in appointment, visit the Housing Portal. You will be able to select from the available appointment time slots within your housing application there.
- August 13, 2021 - Move-In from 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- August 14, 2021 - Move-In from 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- August 15, 2021 - Move-In from 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- August 16, 2021 - First Day of Class
- Activate your Bearkat OneCard at least 24 hours prior to check-in (Your card grants you access to your building)
- Communicate with your roommate or suitemates about shared items like shower curtains, rugs, cleaning supplies, etc
- Check in to your residence hall
- Sign your Resident Agreement and pick up your key(s)
- Meet your roommates or suitemates
- Meet your Residence Advisor (RA)
- Pick up textbooks
Items to Pack
- Bedding for an XL Twin Bed (36"x78")
- Alarm Clock
- Power Strip/Surge Protector
- Clothes Hangers
- Bath Towels
- Cleaning Supplies
- Refrigerator (5.0 cu.ft or less)*
*Students in Baldwin, Crawford, Creager, Jackson Shaver, Lone Star Hall, Mallon, Piney Woods Hall, Raven Village, Sam Houston Village and White Hall have refrigerators provided. Students may not bring a refrigerator if one is provided by the university.
Items to Leave Behind
- Personal Routers
- Candles and Incense
- Halogen Lamps
- Extension Cords
- Pets (Except Fish)
- Valuables or Lots of Cash
Bearkat OneCard Information
Most residence halls use card access for building entry. In order to enter your residence hall, you must have your Bearkat OneCard in hand and activated when you arrive. To obtain your official student ID, please contact the Bearkat OneCard Office at (936) 294-2273.
Hanging Items in Your Residence Hall
- In Bearkat Village, Lone Star Hall, Raven Village and Sam Houston Village; please use thumb tacks to hang items on the walls (3M command strips are NOT allowed as they have damaged the walls in these buildings)
- For Piney Woods Hall; please only use the provided tack strip
- For all other buildings; Scotch tape and 3M command strips may be used**
**Please check the Residence Life Handbook for more information.
Receiving Mail from Home
All letters and packages sent to students living on campus will be delivered to the Campus Post Office, The KatPost. The KatPost will notify the student via their SHSU email when they have a letter or package to pick up. The student must have their SHSU Sam ID to receive the letter or package. For more information, please visit Mail Services.
Cancelling Your Housing Reservation
If you have decided to attend another university or take on a different challenge, you must cancel your housing reservation with us. To cancel, log into the Housing Portal and enter the application. If you cancel after August 1, 2021, you will receive no refund.