The Center for International Education (CIE) believes in a collaborative approach to teaching and research while developing comparative and inclusive international educational opportunities for the betterment of Sam Houston State University students, faculty, and other stakeholders.
Provide support and opportunities to faculty and students for international collaboration, research, experience, and study
Increase faculty interest and involvement in international collaboration and research
Increase students’ involvement in international activities and research
Continue searching for ways to transfer CIE from conventional model to business model of operation
Taniya ThongtaiTEC, Room 252
- Know COE faculty research interest and expertise
- Connect faculty with international partners
- Support faculty international activities, publications, grant writing, and other projects
- Help organize COE UGEI conference
- Identify, promote, and support mutual students’ projects with international institutions
- Support and promote students’ international activities, events, and projects
- Support international students.
- Identify international partners based on the faculty interest and potential benefits for COE
- Identify the best areas for collaboration and establish a partnership based on a business model of operation
- Promote possible international educational projects, events, grants, conferences etc.
- Redesign, develop, and maintain CIE website
- Database faculty interest
- Advertise faculty international activities and successes
- Support COE UGEI conference
- Promote different international activities and possible students international projects
- Involve students in international conferences, teachers PD, and other events
- Support and promote international service-learning and study abroad
- Effective CIE website
- Identify areas of interests, needs and challenges
- Use online data and other resources to locate the best international partners
- Collaborate with SHSU OIP
- Search for new business partners and sponsors
Develop and distribute surveys for college-wide feedback. Create quantitative measures for each goal, plan, and strategy
Measurable Outcomes and Sustainability
Journal of Universality of Global Education Issues
The Journal of Universality of Global Education Issues (JUGEI), a publication hosted by the Center for International Education in the College of Education at Sam Houston State University, focuses on issues and trends surrounding education in global contexts.
You can access the journal here.
- Contact Us