The Department of Counselor Education in the College of Education prepares professionals to be leaders in a variety of settings including schools, agencies, institutions of higher education, and private practices.
The department offers the following:
- Master of Arts in Counseling
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CACREP Accredited)
- Master of Education in School Counseling (CACREP Accredited)
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Counselor Education (CACREP Accredited)
- Graduate Certificate in Play Therapy
Courses are offered at our SHSU Main Campus, Online, and The Woodlands Center.
- Counseling Program Evaluations
Reports submitted to the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling
and Related Educational Programs
- 2021-2022 Vital Statistics Report
- 2022-2023 Annual Report
- Department course syllabi may be available upon request: couneducation@SHSU.EDU