"Enhancing Learning for Student Success"
We are very happy that you have made the decision to choose Sam Houston State University as the place to continue your educational journey. You will find that the staff members in the Division of Student Affairs are eager to assist you along the way. We are all proud members of the Bearkat family, and we want you to become a part of the great Bearkat tradition.
Student Affairs provides opportunities for you to achieve your goals and provides services that complement your academic experiences. We want you to take advantage of the services we offer through the various departments in the Division of Student Affairs, working in conjunction to serve you.
While we agree that academics should be your first priority, we encourage you to become active in one or more of the 267 organizations at SHSU and to participate in special events throughout the year.
Vice President for Student Affairs
We will be a premier Student Affairs program by fostering an inclusive campus culture for student learning, leading, and developing.
We are dedicated professionals who engage students by providing innovative programs, facilities and services that help students grow, develop a sense of belonging and enhance the quality of their lives.
- Creating programs and services that encourage the personal growth and well-being of students.
- Fostering a sense of community that is engaging, respectful, and inclusive.
- Evaluating, updating and constructing facilities that support campus growth and divisional needs.
- Preparing students for success with learning opportunities that improve life skills, retention, and graduation.
- Continuous Improvement
- Advancing the professional staff's training to better serve the SHSU community and to enhance the Division's influence in the profession.
SHSU'S Division of Student Affairs is committed to serving students and guiding our practice based on these values: Tradition, Diversity, Student Development, Wellness, and Servant Leadership. Click here to see a more descriptive diagram or click on download for a complete pamphlet of the Division of Student Affairs Vision, Mission, Values and Goals..
Enhancing Learning for Student Success