Use of Institutional and Athletic Marks
- University departments and campus organizations (including registered student organizations) may use designated institutional marks for official university business. Institutional marks may not be altered, and all branded items must follow branding and identity guidelines published by Marketing and Communications, available on the university website.
- Athletic marks are reserved for official athletics business and must comply with use parameters, as determined by the Athletics Department, unless approved in writing by the Associate Director of Athletics for Development and Licensing prior to use. All requests to use athletic marks for non-athletic related items, including any proposed artwork to be used, must be submitted to the Associate Director of Athletics for Development and Licensing at email@example.com for review and approval prior to ordering and production.
Acquiring Branded Items
- University departments or campus organizations may coordinate their designs internally or with an authorized licensed vendor and must comply with brand use standards.
- Branded Items designed and produced externally must be purchased through an authorized licensed vendor.
- University departments are not required to pay the licensing fee if the branded Items are for internal official use (e.g., apparel identifying department employees for events, department promotional giveaways, etc.); however, a licensing fee (12%) will be assessed if the branded items are to be resold or used for fundraising purposes.
Review and Approval Process
- Designs produced internally must be submitted to Marketing and Communications’ Creative Services for approval. If athletics marks are used, designs must be submitted to the Associated Athletic Director for Development and Licensing for approval.
- For external production, artwork must be submitted through a licensed vendor. The vendor will submit a design proof through the licensing portal. Upon receipt, use of institutional marks will be reviewed and approved by University Marketing and Communications; use of athletics marks will be reviewed and approved by the Associate Director of Athletics for Development and Licensing.
- The Associate Director of Athletics for Development and Licensing will submit results of all licensing reviews through the licensing portal. The university department or campus organization will be notified of status for production or additional changes.
- Please allow two (2) to four (4) business days for review and approval.