Faculty & Staff Computers
The University's Computer Replacement Program's goal is to allow for replacement of computers for employees and education (eg., classrooms and labs) every four years. IT@Sam will notify you when it is time for replacement.
You can check the status of your replacement within the Cherwell Self-Service Portal.
- Once in the portal, select My Requested IT Work and a drop down menu appears.
- Select My IT Work Overview.
- Type in the employee’s name in the Workstation Lookup search field located on the right side of the screen, then click Go. Note: Put the name in quotes to generate that specific employee name. If not, it will generate anyone with the first or last name of the employee).
- Double-click on the entry will bring up additional details on that device including an estimated replacement date.
Replacement activities are focused, but not limited to, the quarterly schedule as detailed below:
- September – November (Q1): Classrooms
- December – May (Q2 & 3): Faculty and Staff
- June – August (Q4): Labs
Subject to availability, additional recycled computers can be requested by departments. These computers may be used for student workers, contract employees and special events. Recycled computers are older and will therefore be re-evaluated for appropriate business use annually.
Lab & Classroom Equipment
Lab and classroom equipment is replaced every four years. If you believe that you have located a computer that is more than four years old, please report this to the Service Desk or e-mail the location of the equipment to the Computer Asset Management team.