Pre-Law Society - Legal Kats
Legal Kats is the organization for you if you desire to learn about the legal field outside of the classroom; seek opportunities to enhance your chances of getting into law school; and want to network with legal professionals. The Pre-Law Society works within the LEAP Center, providing amazing value, and is the largest pre-law society at SHSU.
- Eligibility for LEAP's summer LSAT Prep Course;
- Favorable consideration for the LEAP Center's "Pre-Law Scholarship;"
- Guest Speakers--local attorneys, state-wide and nation-wide legal figures, SHSU's Pre-Law Advisors, and more;
- Priority attendance at LEAP Sponsored legal events such as the Mock LSAT, the Mock Law Class, the 10th Court of Appeals, the TX Supreme Court, and the Pre-Law Seminars;
- Access to LEAP's LSAT Prep Course Library;
- Law School Informational Sessions;
- Practice problems and materials for the LSAT;
- T-shirts (for new members) and Cords (for members who are in good standing their graduating semester)
Fall 2022 Meeting Dates:
- August 31: Ice Cream Social (4:00-5:30pm--Holcombe Room, CHSS 430): Students may pay dues at this meeting
- August 31: First Pre-Law Social Meeting (6:00-7:30pm, CHSS 120): Judge David Moorman is featured speaker (students may pay dues at this meeting)
- September 21: Pre Law Society Meeting
- October 19: Pre Law Society Meeting
- November 16: Pre Law Society Meeting
All meetings are 6:00-7:45, unless otherwise noted.
Dues: Dues are $25 each semester. First-time members pay a $30 initiation fee (in addition to dues).
Advisor: Professor Mike Yawn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice-President, Finance: Emily Albright
Vice-President, Membership: Vacant
Vice-President Archivist/Historian: Vacant
Secretary: Richard Tran