Student Health Insurance
The Student Health Center does not require insurance to be seen. The only insurance billed by the SHC is the plan offered through the university which is an Aetna PPO Student Health Plan. All students who pay the per semester medical services fee have access to the Student Health Center with no co-pays or office visit fee.
In order to be eligible:
- Domestic Undergraduate Students registered in 9 or more hours (3 or more for Summer) are eligible to enroll in the Plan.
- Graduate students enrolled in 6 or more credit hours (3 or more for Summer) are eligible to enroll in the Plan.
- Distance Learning Students taking nine (9) or more credit hours and paying the SHSU Medical Services Fee are eligible to participate in the plan on a voluntary basis.
Additional benefits of Aetna PPO Student Health Plan:
- Access to Medical and Mental Health Telemedicine Services at no additional cost.
- Coverage when traveling.
- Academic Emergency Services.
Aetna PPO Student Health Plan covers 100% of medical expenses at the Student Health Center
To enroll in the Aetna PPO Student Health Plan click here. For more information, contact us at (936) 294-2549