Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Turn on Fire Stick
- Connect to “Samnet-Guest” Wireless
- Sign-in using your SHSU credentials
- Must use the Ethernet Adapter for the Chromecast
- Set the Chromecast to use Guest Mode for control
- Browse to https://netreg.shsu.edu/manual.php
- Register the Ethernet Adapter manually, the MAC address can be found on the right hand side of the box on a little white sticker with a barcode.
- Connect a network cable to the ethernet port on the side of the power adapter to provide network connection to the Chromecast.
- Use the Roku “Hotel and Dorm Connect” feature to login to “Samnet-Guest” Wireless via a smartphone or laptop/tablet.
The SHSU wired or wireless networks support the following devices:
- Gaming Consoles – Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii, etc.
- Streaming Devices – Amazon Fire TV Stick, Google Chromecast, Roku, etc.
- Desktop Computers
- Smart TVs
DISCLAIMER: To ensure the security of student data and provide reliable internet access to ALL SHSU students, the following devices are NOT supported by the SHSU network:
- Wireless Printers
- Smart Devices (e.g., Amazon Dot, Amazon Echo, Apple Home, Google Home, etc.)
- Surveillance Cameras (e.g., Nest Cameras)
Support for additional items may vary. To verify if your device will be supported in the SHSU residence halls, please reach out to Scooter Osborne, Residence Life System Analyst, by email or phone at (936)294-3360 or the IT@Sam Service Desk by email or phone at (936)294-1950.