Adaptive Streaming reduces the live stream resolution of the Smart Client. This allows the Smart Client to choose the live video stream with the most appropriate resolution out of a variety of streams with different resolutions. Additionally, the amount of data transferred to and handled by the Smart Client is reduced, which increases its performance.
NOTE: Instructional graphics will be added once the upgrade is complete
To make sure that Adaptive streaming is configured in a view:
- Click Setup to configure the view.
- In Properties, click the Live Stream dropdown list, and the list of available live video streams appears.
- Check if two or more live video streams are available and select Adaptive streaming. Note: If only one live video stream is available, add more live video streams for the camera in XProtect Management Client.
- Click Setup to close the view configuration.
To make sure that Adaptive streaming is selected in a Live view item:
- Click the More dropdown list.
- Select Live Stream, and the list of available live video streams appears.
- Check if two or more live video streams are available and select Adaptive streaming.