Helping Kats C.O.P.E.
Helping Kats C.O.P.E. is a workshop series that helps students find ways to become more Centered, Optimistic, Productive, and Empowered. Workshops provide quick tips to help attendees learn how to address many concerns, such as low self-esteem, stress, and test anxiety.
MAIN CAMPUS WORKSHOPS in the LOWMAN STUDENT CENTER (LSC)
Spring 2020 Workshops
Stressed? Overwhelmed? Just want to feel a little better?
Show up for some quick tips! No registration required!
Learn how to develop a self-care routine & manage stress.
Wednesday, February 19th from 12pm-1pm (LSC 230B)
- Tuesday, March 31st from 2pm-3pm (LSC 241A)
- Tuesday, April 28th from 4pm-5pm (LSC 241A)
Tired of feeling tired? Learn how to improve your sleep!
Wednesday, February 12th from 3pm-4pm (LSC 241B)
- Friday, March 27th from 12pm-1pm (LSC 230A)
- Monday, April 20th from 4pm-5pm (LSC 230A)
Depression & anxiety can happen to anyone. Come learn about common symptoms & effective coping strategies for yourself or for someone you care about.
- Tuesday, February 18th from 3pm-4pm (LSC 230B)
- Wednesday, March 25th from 4pm-5pm (LSC 241A)
- Friday, April 17th from 12pm-1pm (LSC 241A)
Join us as we discuss your rights in intimate relationships, healthy boundaries, relationship warning signs, & important resources. New topics each week!
Tuesdays from 3pm-4pm
- LSC 242: 2/18 & 2/25
- LSC 230B: 3/3 & 4/7
- LSC 241B: 3/17, 3/24, 3/31, 4/21, & 4/28
- LSC 241A: 4/14
*Hosted by the Montgomery County Women's Center. Some information may be collected for the program.
Taming Your Temper
Identify what makes you angry & learn tips to regain control.
- Wednesday, February 5th from 12pm-1pm (LSC 241B)
- Tuesday, March 17th from 3pm-4pm (LSC 242)
- Tuesday, April 14th from 2pm-3pm (LSC 242)
Overcoming Test Anxiety
Learn the causes of test anxiety & build skills to reduce it.
- Monday, February 24th from 4pm-5pm (LSC 241B)
- Thursday, March 26th from 12pm-1pm (LSC 242)
- Wednesday, April 29th from 2pm-3pm (LSC 242)
Experience the healing power of art.
Artistic talent NOT required! Art supplies provided.
- Thursday, February 27th from 12pm-1pm (LSC 230A)
- Thursday, April 9th from 12pm-1pm (LSC 230A)
Learn ways to develop & practice self-compassion & how to be kinder to yourself.
- Monday, February 3rd from 3pm-4pm (LSC 230)
- Wednesday, March 18th from 1pm-2pm (LSC 230B)
- Thursday, April 16th from 4pm-5pm (LSC 241B)
Mindfulness & Meditation
Take a moment to breath & refocus during this experimental workshop. Prior experience NOT required!
- Monday, March 2nd from 12pm-1pm (LSC 242)
- Thursday, April 30th from 12pm-1pm (LSC 242)
Pursuit of Happiness
Just a few tips and activities designed to help you feel a little happier.
- Tuesday, February 25th from 1pm-2pm (LSC 242)
- Monday, March 30th from 4pm-5pm (LSC 241B)
- Tuesday, April 21st from 3pm-4pm (LSC 241A)
For more information, contact Dr. Danielle Sirles at (936)294-1720 or email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
How are workshops different from traditional individual or group counseling?
- With traditional forms of counseling, you meet one-on-one or in a small group setting to discuss your concerns. Traditional counseling can last anywhere from a few weeks to several years.
- Workshops, on the other hand, are actually similar to many of the college classes that you are taking. Participants listen to an interactive presentation given by a therapist. This presentation teaches you practical ways to address many common problems.
How many people will be at the workshop?
- Workshops typically have 1-2 presenters and up to 25 attendees.
I have a busy schedule. How long are workshops?
- We know that your schedule is full of important commitments that you need to keep. That's why our workshops only last 1 hour and are offered several times throughout the semester.
I'm nervous about attending a workshop. Am I going to be forced to talk?
- Given that workshops are similar to classes, you are not required to talk during the presentation. However, students who ask questions and who are actively engaged during the workshop tend to get more out of the experience.
How do I attend a workshop?
- Just show up! No pre-registration or trip to the Counseling Center is required!
- Each workshop is conveniently located at the Lowman Student Center (LSC). Specific dates, times, and LSC room numbers are listed on the flyer.
I still have questions about workshops. Who can I talk to?
- You can contact the Group/Workshop Coordinator, Dr. Danielle Sirles, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember that e-mail is not an appropriate medium for counseling, nor can privacy/confidentiality be guaranteed through electronic communication.