The College of Science & Engineering Technology is committed to equipping students with the academic foundation necessary for them to be critical problem solvers in a rapidly changing world and to the generation of scientific knowledge through scholarly endeavors.
The College of Science & Engineering Technology aspires to be a gateway of opportunity and a catalyst for personal and professional development. Embracing high standards, ethical practices and personalized student-faculty interaction, the College dedicates itself to excellence in teaching, engagement in quality research, and active community service. The College of Science & Engineering Technology will pursue its vision by:
- preparing students for continued intellectual growth throughout productive and personally rewarding careers;
- fostering the development and dissemination of knowledge through scientific inquiry;
- promoting continual professional growth and scholarly activity;
- exemplifying high ethical standards and teaching the importance of ethics in professional practice;
- increasing scientific literacy in the populace, and instilling a high regard for nature and humankind;
- understanding and respecting diversity among people, cultures, and ideas; and
- assuming the responsibilities of academic community engagement and membership in a global society.
About the Dean
Dean John B. Pascarella has worked in higher education since 1996 as a researcher, faculty member, and administrator. He received his B.S. in Ecology and B.A. in Latin American Studies from the University of Kansas, a Ph.D. in Biology from the University of Miami, and he did post-doctoral research at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras and the University of Miami. Prior to joining Sam Houston State University, he was a faculty member in the Department of Biology at Valdosta State University, an AAAS Science and Technology Policy Fellow at the National Science Foundation, Associate Dean of Faculty and Research Programs in the College of Science and Technology at Georgia Southern University, and Associate Dean of Academic and Research Programs at Kansas State University-Olathe.
Dean's Office Staff
|Dean||John B. Pascarella||936.294.1401|
|Associate Dean for Graduate Programs & Research||Anne Gaillard||936.294.1326|
|Associate Dean for Curriculum & Assessment||Marcus Gillespie||936.294.1945|
|Assistant to the Dean||Angie Burgess||936.294.1230|
|Administrative Coordinator II||DeLynn Say||936.294.1969|
|Administrative Associate III||Shellie Armstrong||936.294.3962|
|Administrative Assistant III||Susan Floyd||936.294.1401|