Tripod’s Thrift needs your donations to provide students and employees the opportunity for free! The thrift store reserves the right to refuse items that we feel are unusable or cannot accept due to space limitations.
On this page
How to Donate
You can donate a cash gift online or bring in items in-store.
Make a Gift Donation Online
Your cash donation will allow us to purchase brand-new items to stock our store. You can make your donation online with through University Advancement, selecting “Other” as the Gift Designation. Then, you’ll enter “Tripod’s Thrift” or “Reba Bock Career Closet” to specify who should receive your gift.
Bring Items In-Store
Since our store has limited space, we encourage you to call ahead to check availability and make an appointment. Walk-ins are also welcomed!
- Bring in your items to 1619 Sam Houston Ave.
- We'll check them out.
- We'll provide you a donation receipt upon request.
Find a Donation Box
For an quick & easy donation, drop your items into one of our large white donation boxes located in the following buildings:
- ABI, 1st floor at the mall entrance
- ABIV, 1st floor outside of the Career Services office
- Beto CJ Center, 2nd floor near main entrance
- Bobby K. Marks Administration, 1st floor near elevator
- CHSS, 2nd floor near the Sam Center
- Estill, 1st floor near elevator
- Life Sciences, 1st floor near elevator
- LSC, 2nd floor outside of the Campus Store/Bookstore
- Smith-Hutson, 1st floor near the auditorium entrance
- Thomason, 1st floor near elevator
What to Donate
We are accepting
New Personal Care Items
These items should be brand-new, never opened. Personal care items include body wash, toilet paper, razors, toothbrushes, mouthwash, first-aid kits, etc.
Small Household Items
These items should be in good condition and small in size. Small Household items could include desk lamps, laundry baskets, coffee pots, small area rugs, closet organizers, storage bins, etc.
These items should be in excellent condition. Small electronics could include alarm clocks, phone chargers, blow dryers, iron, personal sized blenders, small fans, etc.
These items should be in good condition and reflect current fashion trends. Clothes could include suits, pant suits, skirt suits, slacks, button-down shirts, blouses, ties, belts, work-out clothes, etc.
We will not accept items that are
- too big – such as flat-screen TVs, end tables, or sofas
- stained or smelly – such as clothes you've never washed