Tripod needs your donations to provide students and employees the opportunity for free! The thrift store reserves the right to refuse items that we feel are unusable or cannot accept due to space limitations.
On this page
How to Donate
You can donate a cash gift online or bring in items in-store.
Make a Gift Donation Online
Your cash donation will allow us to purchase brand-new items to stock our store. You can make your donation online with through University Advancement, selecting “Other” as the Gift Designation. Then, you’ll enter “Tripod’s Thrift” or “Reba Bock Career Closet” to specify who should receive your gift.
Bring Items In-Store
Since our store has limited space, please call ahead to check availability and make an appointment.
- Set an appointment by calling 936.294.2308
- Bring in your items to 1619 Sam Houston Ave.
- We'll check them out.
- We'll provide you with a donation receipt upon request.
Find a Donation Box
For a quick & easy donation, drop your items into one of our large white donation boxes located in the following buildings:
- ABI, 1st floor at the mall entrance
- ABIV, 1st floor outside of the Career Services office
- Beto CJ Center, 2nd floor near main entrance
- Bobby K. Marks Administration, 1st floor near elevator
- CHSS, 2nd floor near the Sam Center
- Estill, 1st floor near elevator
- Life Sciences, 1st floor near elevator
- LSC, 2nd floor outside of the Campus Store/Bookstore
- Smith-Hutson, 1st floor near the auditorium entrance
- Thomason, 1st floor near elevator
What to Donate
We are accepting:
New Personal Care Items
These items should be brand-new, never opened. Personal care items include body wash, toilet paper, razors, toothbrushes, mouthwash, first-aid kits, etc.
These items should be in good condition and reflect current fashion trends. Clothes could include suits, pantsuits, skirt suits, slacks, button-down shirts, blouses, ties, and belts.
If you’re not sure if we accept it, ask us at 936.294.2300 or email@example.com.
We will not accept items that are
- too big – such as flat-screen TVs, end tables, or sofas
- stained or smelly – such as clothes you've never washed