Maintain Vehicle

You must have a campus driving permit to drive any university vehicle.

Driving Permit requests are processed through SamWeb.

Request Driving Permit

Mileage Log

State law requires that a monthly mileage log is maintained for each traditional vehicle. These are due by the 5th business day of each month.

Log Miles

Preventative Maintenance

Preventive maintenance are performed by department request based upon a set mileage interval or if an alert is triggered on the vehicle’s dashboard.

Submit Work Request 4-4868

Cleaning Vehicles. Departments are responsible for cleaning the vehicle assigned to them. The vehicle wash facility is located behind the fleet shop and is available between 8:30am to 4pm. Cleaning products are available upon request. If professional cleaning services are preferred, departments may take and pay for the service.

Getting Fuel. Fuel is acquired at the Sam South Complex fuel station with the vehicle’s assigned fueling key. All questions and concerns can be answered by Facilities Customer Service. If you need a fuel key, please submit a work request so that Fleet Services can assist you.

If you need fuel outside of Huntsville, departments can acquire Voyager cards for each vehicle to obtain fuel. Voyager cards can also be used if the campus fuel station is out of service. For vehicles that do not have an assigned Voyager card, drivers can check out a card through Facilities Customer Service for one time use.