Rent a Vehicle

BearKat Wheels Program

You must have a campus driving permit to drive any university vehicle.

Driving Permit requests are processed through SamWeb.

Request Driving Permit

The BearKat Wheels program provides rental cars to meet university business needs.

Requirements. All drivers must have a campus driving permit, valid driver’s license, and Sam ID.

Rental Includes. Rental pricing includes up to 200 miles per day, a fuel card, and rental packet. If you exceed the included mileage, each additional mile cost 35 cents.

Vehicle Selection. We have a variety of vehicles to choose from, which include cars, crossovers, SUVs, trucks, vans, and a bus. You’ll be able to select any available vehicle in our rental fleet.

Filter by No. of Passengers

Car: Camry

Seats 4

$35.50 / Day

SUV: Nitro

Seats 5

$45 / Day

Crossover: Equinox

Seats 5

$56 / Day

Truck 4x4: Chevy 2500

Seats 5

$62 / Day

Crossover: Traverse

Seats 8

$63 / Day

Van: Sprinter

Seats 12

$90 / Day

Van: Transit

Seats 15 but limited to 12

$106.50 / Day

Bus: Champion

Seats 15

$106.50 / Day

Reserve your rental

To reserve your rental, complete the reservation request form. Upon review of your driving permit and availability, you'll receive a confirmation email to let you know your vehicle has been reserved.

Request Vehicle Reservation


Rental vehicles are picked up from and returned to Facilities Customer Service. If you plan to leave your vehicle, you must have a Zone 1, Zone 2, or Zone 3 ePermit or pay for daily parking with ParkMobile. Please reference the parking website. If you plan to be dropped off, feel free to use the marked 15-minute parking space.

2424 Sam Houston Ave

Huntsville, Texas 77304

office located in the back of the lot