Our goal is to provide you with the information you need to successfully complete your counseling graduate degree. We are here to help! If you do not find the information here, please call 936.294.4148 or to contact specific faculty go to Contact Us
Course Scheduling Resources
- MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (LPC) Advising Sheet
- MA in Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling (LMFT) Advising Sheet
- MEd in School Counseling Advising Sheet
- PhD in Counselor Education Advising Sheet
- Department of Counselor Education Course Offering Rotation
Handbooks are updated each Fall semester.
Candidacy Application Resources
Students who wish to take supervised practicum must be approved for candidacy. To be approved for candidacy, please complete the below application for your program of study:
- M.Ed. in School Counseling
- M.A. in Counseling – Clinical Mental Health Counseling Track
- M.A. in Counseling – Marriage Couple Family Counseling Track
More questions about candidacy? Contact the coordinator of your program:
Dr. Jeffrey Sullivan, Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program Coordinator
Dr. Susan Henderson, Marriage, Couples and Family Counseling Program Coordinator
Dr. Tim Brown, School Counseling Program Coordinator
Comprehensive Exam Resources
Questions about master or doctoral comprehensive exams? Contact:
Dr. Richard Henriksen, Accreditation and Testing Coordinator
COUN 6376: Supervised Practicum Resources
- Wanting to take COUN 6376 Supervised Practicum in FALL of 2019?
- You must complete the Intent to Pursue Supervised Practicum Form by May 15th by 11 p.m.
- Go to TK20 and login using your SAM login. Click “Applications,” and then “Create New Application.”
- Then select “6A Intent to Pursue Supervised Practicum”. Complete the form and submit.
- You will be contacted with further instructions once form 6a has been reviewed and approved.
Questions about supervised practicum? Contact:
Dr. Yvonne Garza-Chaves, Clinical Experiences Coordinator
COUN 6386: Internship Resources
♦ Want to take COUN 6386 Internship in Fall 2019? You must complete the Intent to Pursue Internship Form by May 15th by 11pm.
♦ Go to TK20 and login using your SAM login. Click "Applications," then "Create New Application."
♦ Then, select "6b Intent to Pursue Internship." Complete the form and submit.
♦ You will be contacted with further instructions once form 6b has been reviewed and approved.
Students in counseling programs are required to complete an internship specific to their program of study. The necessary approval forms can be found below:
Questions about internship? Contact:
Dr. Yvonne Garza, Clinical Experiences Coordinator