Our goal is to provide you with the information you need to successfully complete your counseling graduate degree. We are here to help! If you do not find the information here, please call 936.294.4148 or to contact specific faculty go to Contact Us
Course Scheduling Resources
- MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (LPC) Advising Sheet
- MA in Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling (LMFT) Advising Sheet
- MEd in School Counseling Advising Sheet
- PhD in Counselor Education Advising Sheet
- Department of Counselor Education Course Offering Rotation
Handbooks are updated each Fall semester.
- Master's in Counseling Handbook
- Ph.D in Counselor Education Handbook
- Dissertation Handbook
- Clinics Handbook
- Clinical Experiences Handbook
Candidacy Application Resources
Students who wish to take supervised practicum must be approved for candidacy. To be considered for candidacy, please complete the below application. October 1 is the deadline to submit Candidacy Application to be eligible for Spring Supervised Practicum. April 1 is the deadline to submit Candidacy Application to be eligible for Summer and Fall Supervised Practicum.
More questions about candidacy? Contact the coordinator of your program:
Dr. Jeffrey Sullivan, Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program Coordinator
Dr. Susan Henderson, Marriage, Couples and Family Counseling Program Coordinator
Dr. Dee-Anna Green, School Counseling Program Coordinator
Comprehensive Exam Resources
Questions about master or doctoral comprehensive exams? Contact:
Dr. Richard Henriksen, Accreditation and Testing Coordinator
COUN 6376: Supervised Practicum Resources
- Wanting to take COUN 6376 Supervised Practicum?
- You must complete the Intent to Pursue Supervised Practicum Form by the following dates.
- For summer or fall = form 6a in TK20 is due by Feb 15th.
- Go to TK20 and login using your SAM login. Click “Applications,” and then “Create New Application.”
- Then select “6A Intent to Pursue Supervised Practicum”. Complete the form and submit.
- You will be contacted with further instructions for form 6b and its due date once form 6a has been reviewed and approved.
Questions about supervised practicum? Contact:
Dr. Yvonne Garza-Chaves, Clinical Experiences Coordinator
COUN 6386: Internship Resources
♦ Want to take COUN 6386 Internship? You must complete the Intent to Pursue Internship Form 6c by February 15th by 11pm.
♦ Go to TK20 and login using your SAM login. Click "Applications," then "Create New Application."
♦ Then, select "6C Intent to Pursue Internship." Complete the form and submit.♦
♦ You will be contacted with further instructions and deadline for 6d once form 6C has been reviewed and approved.
Students in counseling programs are required to complete an internship specific to their program of study. The necessary approval forms can be found below:
- List of currently used Internship Sites
- SC Affiliation Agreement
- MCFC Affiliation Agreement
- CMHC Affiliation Agreement
- 6386 Class Logs
- Termination Agreement-if needed
Questions about internship? Contact:
Dr. Yvonne Garza, Clinical Experiences Coordinator