Completed High School:
Outside of the U.S.
- All undergraduate international students must submit the Apply Texas Application (International) and pay the nonrefundable application fee in U.S. currency. All undergraduate international students must declare a major (other than General Studies) on the application for admission.
- TOEFL 79 (iBT internet-based test) or IELTS score of 6.5, if English is not their first language.
- High school transcript.
- Evaluation of high school transcript (on a U.S. 4.0 scale) from an accredited evaluation company with GPA of 2.5 or higher (NACES accredited service or SDR Educational Consultants).
- Certified English translations for documents submitted in a language other than English.
- Current proof of financial support. The student’s or sponsor’s bank statement(s) on bank letterhead indicating an amount of deposit equal to the estimated expense for one year at the University. Visit www.shsu.edu/international for further details.
- Home country address. Regardless of current residency, students must provide a home country address for the processing of the I-20 A/B. Visit www.shsu.edu/international for further details.
- Copies of immigration documents (i.e., passport photo page, visa, and I-94).
- To ensure that all undergraduate admission and immigration papers are in order, international students are required to visit the Office of International Programs immediately upon arrival on campus. Telephone (936) 294-4737 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All international students are required to purchase the University’s Group Hospitalization, Medical Evacuation, and Repatriation Insurance available to all eligible SHSU students. Further information concerning this required coverage may be obtained from the University Health Center. Telephone (936) 294-1805.
All International Students are required to complete International Student Orientation, in lieu of New Student Orientation. Contact the Office of International Programs at (936) 294-4607 for information concerning this specialized orientation session.