Praphul Joshi, PhD.
Department of Population Health
Dr. Joshi is a public health expert specializing in chronic disease evaluation and community-based interventions to address health disparities. He has led Covid-19 data analytics and contact tracing efforts in Southeast Texas since 2020. He serves as the vice-president of National Social Science Association and an active member of American College of Healthcare Executives. His research initiatives have led to over 25 peer-reviewed publications and several international and national professional presentations. Dr. Joshi currently teaches epidemiology and biostatistics in the Department of Population Health. His mission is to train students to be skilled public health professionals to meet ever-changing demands in the society.
- University of South Carolina Health Promotion, Education and Behavior, PhD
- University of South Carolina Health Promotion, Education and Behavior, MPH
- Bangalore University Dentistry, BDS
Areas of expertise:
- Joshi. P., Natarajan. V., Ghosh. K., Mandal. P. Healthcare access and socio-economic conditions in prevalence of metabolic syndrome: Evidence from 2015 BRFSS Study. International Journal of Business Excellence 21 (3), 2020. DOI: 10.1504/IJBEX.2020.108216
- Kwon. E., Joshi. P., Shows. A. Evaluation of a food desert in an economically challenged and hurricane Impacted Community. National Social Science Journal 54 (2) 67-75, 2020.
- Dore. T., Joshi. P., Bryan. C., Esmat. T., Porter. K., Campbell. B. Educational and professional backgrounds of Kinesiology graduates. National Social Science Journal 54 (1) 62-69, 2020.
- Joshi. P. Disparities in stroke mortalities: Longitudinal study of underserved populations in US. International Journal of Advances in Science, Engineering and Technology 7 (4) 59-62, 2019.
- Yao. Q, Joshi. P, Chang. C F, McDonalds. C, Tran. J, Wheeler. W, Hou. S. Advocating a new approach to governing water, energy and food security: Testing the effects of message inoculation and conclusion explicitness in the case of WEF nexus. Journal of International crisis and Risk Communications Research 1(1), 111-134 2018.