Credits and Transfer Hours

CREDIT HOURS Most English graduate classes carry an award of three credit hours. 

CREDIT FOR DIFFERENT COURSES WITH THE SAME NUMBER A student may occasionally take the same English graduate course number twice for new credit. Except in extraordinary cases, however, the student may not take the same course from the same professor. 

TRANSFER HOURS Having been accepted into the English MA or MFA program in regular admission status and having completed at least twelve hours of graduate English coursework, including ENGL 5330 (Graduate Research: Methods and Theories), a student may transfer in up to six hours of previous graduate work from an accredited institution. The student is awarded credit for course equivalency at Sam Houston State University. 

Sam Houston State Logo

Sam Houston State University | Huntsville, Texas 77341 | (936) 294-1111 | (866)BEARKAT Member TSUS
© Copyright Sam Houston State University | All rights reserved. | Contact Web Editor