Conduct and Grievance Reporting

Student Conduct 

Students at Sam Houston State University must adhere to the Student Guidelines. Information specific to student organizations in the Guidelines can be found here. 

Report a Grievance

There are multiple ways a student organization and/or student organization advisor may report a grievance regarding an organization:

  • The Department of Student Involvement: Leadership & Service
  • The Dean of Students' Office
  • The Experience Office

If the grievance is related a) to an alleged violation of written campus policies or procedures related to student organizations or b) to the organization's members, conflict resolution, constitution, events, t-shirts, raffles, risk management, treasurer training, or officer or advisor transitions, please contact the Department of Student Involvement: Leadership & Service or you can file a grievance here.

If the action constitutes arbitrary, capricious, unequal application of written campus policies or procedures, or involves hazing, then the grievance should be filed through the Dean of Students' Office. Instructions for filing through the Dean of Students' Office can be found here.

If there has been an incident of sex discrimination, sexual harassment (including sexual assault), or sexual misconduct, please consult with and/or report to campus Title IX Coordinators.