Student Concern/Student Guidelines
Please review the information below and complete the appropriate action.
1) CONTACT University Police Department - if a student presents an immediate danger to themselves or others. Dispatch is available 24/7.
- Making specifics threats to harm self or others.
- Exhibiting behavior indicative of break with reality.
- Appearing to be under the influence of substances.
- Demonstrating evidence of inability to care for oneself.
UPD: Phone: 936-294-1800
2) Submit a Students of Concern Form - if a student suffers from serious emotional disturbances and/or mental health issues. This form is for non-emergency and non-safety related concerns and will only be received during normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 CST).
- Making vague threats to harm self or others.
- Suffering from the impacts of situational/traumatic events.
- Engaging in emotional outbursts or isolating oneself.
- Misusing substances.
Students of Concern Reporting Form
3) Submit a Behavioral/Medical/Family Alert (SHSU Student/Employee Access ONLY) - if a student struggles with mild emotional, behavioral. or family challenges. This form is for non-emergency and non-safety related concerns and will only be received during normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 CST).
- Appearing mildly stressed or anxious.
- Demonstrating lapses in professional student behavior.
- Discloses the loss of health or wellness.
- Discloses concerns with a family or friend.
- Appears disengaged in class.
Submit an alert using your SHSU login for Campus Connect
The Students of Concern (SOC) team will provide guidance, referrals, counseling, and other types of support necessary for a student in crisis while paying special attention to the safety and security needs of community members. This referral program is for current students and a report can be submitted by a student, faculty, staff, or parent. Please provide detailed information regarding the concern when submitting a report. Once the form is received, a member of the SOC team will review the information and take appropriate action, which may or may not include contacting the student, you, and any others you have identified.
If you have any questions related to completing a Student of Concern Reporting Form, please call 936-294-1785 or email email@example.com.
- Academic Policies/Procedures
- Dean of Students’ Policies
- Policy For The Use of the Bearkat Plaza and LSC Mall
- Alcoholic Beverage Distribution Policy
- Policy on Bikes, Skateboards, In-line Skates, etc
- Code of Student Conduct and Discipline
- Computer Use Policy
- Posting and Distribution of Printed Materials
- Publications of Student Groups
- Student Organizations Policy
- Hazing Act
- Risk Management Guidelines
- Student Absence Notification Policy
- Student Grievance Procedures
- SHSU Honor Code
- Related University Policies
- Protection of Intellectual Property
- AIDS Policy
- Tobacco Policy
- Drug-free Workplace Policy
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974
- First year Required Housing and Meal Plan Policy
- Prohibition of Weapons
- SHSU Student and Student Organization Commencement Etiquette Policy
- Concealed Carry Campus Policy
- Non Discrimination Statement
- Racial Harassment Policy
- Title IX
- Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Student Resignation Policy
- Tuition Rebates for Certain Undergraduate Students
- Emergency Procedures Quick Reference
- Student’s Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990