Is an appointment required to receive academic support?
Yes, all students are required to book an appointment either online through Campus Connect or in-person through the Welcome Desk at the ASC.
How do I request an appointment through Campus Connect?
1. Log into Campus Connect
2. Click on “Need to Make an Appointment”
3. Select “Academic Support” underneath type of appointment
4. Choose Service (Ex: Business Tutoring or Peer Mentoring)
5. Click on schedule an online of on-campus appointment
6. Choose a date and time
7. Choose a meeting type “In-person or Virtual”
8. Share what you would like to meet about (ex: help on course assignment)
9. Click “Schedule”
How long do I have to wait to schedule an additional appointment if needed?
If a student-client still needs academic support at the end of the initial appointment, we will schedule first available for the next appointment.
How will I be notified of the date and time of the appointment?
A text message and email will be sent to confirm your appointment.
How long does an appointment last?
Student-clients have the option to book appointments for 30 minutes or 60 minutes.
How much does an appointment cost?
All services are free to SHSU Students.
Is there a limit to the number of appointments I can book?
• No, there is not a limit to the number of tutoring-sessions one can receive.
• It is encouraged after the appointment ends for student-clients to apply the knowledge they have gained within the appointment.
What do I need to do to prepare for my tutoring session?
• Choose an accessible location
• Be prepared to explain what help is needed
• Gather and read course materials (if applicable)
> • Try to work all parts of the assignments prior to the appointment
• Set reasonable goals about what can be accomplished
• Test technology (Online Appointments Only)
What services are available to students for academic support?
• Writing Tutoring
• Math Tutoring
• Business Tutoring
• Humanities Tutoring
• Science Tutoring
• World Languages and Culture Tutoring
• Academic Recovery Peer Mentoring
• First-Year Experience Peer Mentoring
• Academic Excellence Workshops
How do I request a workshop or presentation?
We offer a variety of existing collaborations for faculty. We have the option to host your class in-center, or we can visit your space in-person and virtually. Please request a workshop or presentation here.