Articulation Agreements

Are you a Joint Admissions Student or Transient Student?

Joint Admissions - A Joint Admission student is a student attending one of our partner community colleges with plans of transferring to Sam Houston State University within the next year to complete a bachelor’s degree. A student wishing to apply as a Joint applicant should complete the Transient Student application at and answer the custom questions accordingly.

Transient Student - A Transient Student is a student attending a college or university that is needing to take one semester (one or more courses) at SHSU to transfer back to the home institution to complete degree requirements. A student wishing to apply as a Transient student will complete the Transient Student application at, submit official transcript from home institution, and complete and submit the Transient Student Form.

Transfer Students

The following colleges and college districts have Articulation Agreements (course transfer agreements) with Sam Houston State University providing for 66 hours of transfer credit plus Kinesiology for over 50 majors.  Please select your transfer institution from the following list followed by the major or majors in which you are interested.  After reviewing the transfer page, if you have specific questions on course transfers email the Student Advising and Mentoring Center at  For question on admission requirements/status, please contact Undergraduate Admissions at (936) 294-1828 or email

Reverse Transfer Agreements (transfer course from SHSU to the college to complete associate degree requirements) exist with Alvin, Angelina, Austin, Blinn, Brazosport, DCCCD, Hill, Houston, Lee, Lon Morris, Lone Star, McLennan, Navarro, San Jacinto, The Victoria College and Weatherford.  Many of these institutions also support Time Compressed Degree Plans, Joint Admissions, and Cooperative Advising.  The SHSU articulation coordinator is:

David Burris, Ph.D., CCP, CSP
SHSU Articulation Coordinator
(936) 294-1568  voice
(936) 294-4312 fax

Please visit your specific college below:

Alamo Colleges McLennan Community College
Alvin Community College Midland College
Amarillo College Navarro College
Angelina College North Central Texas College
Austin Community College Northeast Texas Community College
Blinn College Panola College
Brazosport College Paris Junior College
Center for Advanced Legal Studies San Jacinto College District
Central Texas College South Texas College
Cisco College Southwest Texas Junior College
Coastal Bend College Tarrant County College
College of the Mainland Temple College
Collin County Community College District Texas State Technical College
Dallas County Community College District Trinity Valley Community College
Del Mar College Tyler Junior College
El Paso Community College The Victoria College
Fulton-Montgomery Community College Vernon College
Galveston College Weatherford College
Grayson College Wharton County Junior College
Hill College
Houston Community College System  
Howard College  
Kilgore College  
Lamar Institute of Technology
Lamar-Orange College
Lamar-Port Arthur
Laredo Community College
Lee College  
Lone Star College System  

If your College or University not on this list, check our Historical Transfer Equivalency Guide to see which of your college classes equal the ones here at SHSU.

Complete agreements covering Joint Admissions, Reverse Transfer (to complete associate degree requirements), Online Articulation, and Cooperative Advising exist between SHSU and the following educational
institutions: Alvin, Angelina, Austin, Blinn, Brazosport, DCCCD, Hill, Houston, Lamar-Orange, Lee, Lon Morris, Lone Star, McLennan, Navarro, San Jacinto, The Victoria College and Weatherford.

Common Course Numbers