College of the Mainland
Transfer from College of the Mainland
Continue your journey to a bachelor’s degree as a Bearkat!
Sam Houston State University (SHSU) offers programs designed to help college transfer students meet their educational goals, maximizing transfer credits while simultaneously minimizing the cost and time required to attain both the associate and baccalaureate degrees.
SHSU through its partnership with College of the Mainland (COM), offers students a 2+2=Bachelor's degree opportunity. Students can complete their associate degree in 2 years at COM, then transfer seamlessly to SHSU to complete their final 2 years earning a bachelor’s degree.
- Reverse transfer of credit from SHSU to College of the Mainland also allows students to complete requirements for the associate degree when they leave COM and before completing a bachelor's degree at SHSU.
- Recognize the eligibility of COM students to apply for the Bearkat Transfer scholarship program.
- COM students admitted to SHSU will be allowed access to academic advising services at SHSU.
- Students jointly admitted to COM and SHSU will receive:
- Student ID, computer/internet account, access to computer labs and access to libraries at COM and SHSU.
- Student access to sporting events at SHSU.
- Student will receive three unofficial transcripts at no cost. There will be a third party fee for an official transcript.
- COM will have access to free electronic transcripts from SHSU upon request from student for transmission of transcript.
- COM Honors students admitted to SHSU will receive:
- Acceptance to SHSU Honors College with a minimum GPA of 3.25 and satisfaction of other Honors College admission criteria such as full-time enrollment of at least 12 hours.
- SHSU will accept a maximum of 12 hours of transfer Honors credits.
- Honors transfer students will be eligible for merit and need-based aid commensurate with qualifications.
- If space permits, Honors transfer students will be eligible to live in SHSU Honors housing.
- COM and SHSU will work to provide additional opportunities to Honors transfer students, such as potential aid for housing, potential travel and study abroad benefits and joint admissions benefits.