All first-time, first year, transfer, and graduate students are required to complete the online Sexual Assault Prevention Training before the prescribed deadline for the semester to avoid a registration and SHSU account hold.
Spring 2019 Training Deadline is Friday, March 22nd.
Fall 2019 Training Opens Thursday, June 6th. (New Students will receive training invitation via email in June.)
The online training is approximately 2 hours in length and can be completed in multiple settings.
NOTICE: PART II is automatically available within 30 days of completing the training and is NOT REQUIRED. PART II IS FOR VOLUNTARY ON GOING EDUCATION. Holds will not be placed for incomplete Part II trainings.
Students will need to activate their EverFi Higher Education Account to access required courses from their dashboard by entering their SHSU Username & Password Provided in their SHSU acceptance email. (EX. abc123 or email@example.com)
ACCESS FALL 2018 - SPRING 2019 TRAINING
- Complete Undergraduate/Transfer Student Training
- Complete Graduate Training (Masters/Doctoral Students)
**If you would like to request an adult learner training, please contact the Title IX Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have questions regarding these courses, please contact email@example.com.
Other Important Information:
• Students will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
• To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari OS11) released within the previous two years.
• Students may take the course in multiple sittings as it is about 2 hours in length.
• The course may include surveys to help personalize the training experience and measure attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; Sam Houston State will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
• Should students experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.
Once holds are placed, students will need to complete the training and call the Title IX Office to remove holds Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
For more information about student requirements for Title IX compliance, contact the Title IX Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 936-294-3080.
To request a Title IX Training presentation for your class, student organization or other event, please fill out the form below.