How to Complete The Training
- Students will need to check their SHSU email account to access the EVERFI training invitation. Be sure to check SPAM! NOTE: IF YOU CURRENTLY DO NOT ATTEND SHSU, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE TRAINING EMAIL INVITATION. Email invitations for students starting in Fall 2020 will be sent by June 4, 2020.
- To begin training, students will need to enter their SHSU Username & Password ( EX. abc123 or email@example.com).
- If students have NOT received the Everfi training invitation via email, They may click HERE to sign in with their SHSU Username and Password.
- If a registration hold was placed on a student account, they MUST first complete the training and contact the Title IX Office at 936-294-3080 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hold removal. Holds are removed within 24 hours of completion Monday - Friday.
What Students Should Know
- All first-time, first year, transfer and graduate students are REQUIRED to complete the online Sexual Assault Prevention/Alcohol Training before the prescribed deadline to avoid a registration hold. (Fall 2019 Deadline: October 19th. Spring 2020 Deadline: March 6th)
- Holds will be applied to all students who have not completed Part I of the assigned training in February, prior to mandatory advising to encourage completion before registration.
- Email invitations to complete the trainings are generated once a student has been accepted to SHSU and has created a class schedule. NOTE IF YOU CURRENTLY DO NOT ATTEND SHSU, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE TRAINING EMAIL INVITATION. Email invitations for Fall 2020 will be sent by June 4, 2020 with a Fall 2020 Deadline.
- Invitations are sent to every newly enrolled students at SHSU through the 12th class day of their first semester. Invitations and weekly reminders will include the training link, course assignment(s) and training completion deadlines.
- The online training is approximately 2 hours in length and can be completed in multiple settings. Students are encouraged to start early and complete sections in increments.
- PART II of all assigned courses are automatically sent within 30 days of completing the training and are optional for ongoing and continued education. Part II Trainings are NOT REQUIRED. (Holds will not be placed for incomplete Part II trainings.)
- Students will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari OS11) released within the previous two years.
- Students may take the course in multiple sittings as it is about 2 hours in length.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize the training experience and measure attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; Sam Houston State will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should students experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.
- Once holds are placed, students will need to complete the training and call the Title IX Office to remove holds Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
To request a Title IX Training presentation for your class, student organization or other event, please fill out the form below.