Required Training Access
- SHSU Students will need to check their SHSU email account to access the "Get Inclusive" training invitation. Be sure to check SPAM! NOTE: IF YOU CURRENTLY DO NOT ATTEND SHSU, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE TRAINING. Campus Email invitations for students starting SHSU Fall 2020 will be sent every Friday following summer orientation beginning June 19th 2020.
- To begin training, students will need to click the training link provided in the email. If, a log in is required, enter the SHSU Username & Password ( EX. abc123 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Students that have NOT received the "Get Inclusive" training invitation via email should contact email@example.com.
- If a registration hold was placed on a student account, they MUST first complete the assigned training and contact the Title IX Office at 936-294-3080 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hold removal. Holds are removed within 24 hours of completion Monday - Friday.
What Students Should Know
- All first-time, first year, transfer and graduate students are REQUIRED to complete the online Sexual Assault Prevention/Alcohol Training before the prescribed deadline to avoid a registration hold. (Fall 2020 Deadline: October 9th. Spring 2021 Deadline: March 5th)
- Holds will be applied to all students who have not completed or started the training by September 11h, to encourage completion before the due date of October 9th. Students will be notified if a training hold is placed during mandatory advising also,
- Email invitations to complete the trainings are generated once a student has been accepted to SHSU and has created a class schedule. NOTE IF YOU CURRENTLY DO NOT ATTEND SHSU OR HAVE NOT REGISTERED FOR CLASSES, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE TRAINING EMAIL INVITATION. Email invitations for Fall 2020 will be sent to new students beginning June 19, 2020 and following each summer orientation session in the summer.
- Invitations are sent to all newly enrolled students at SHSU through the 12th class day of their first semester. Invitations and weekly reminders will include the training link, course assignment(s) and training completion deadlines.
- The online training is approximately 1 hour in length and can be completed in multiple settings. Students are encouraged to start early and complete sections in increments.
- Students will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Edge, Google Chrome, Safari OS11) released within the previous two years.
- Students may take the course in multiple sittings as it is about 1 hour in length.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize the training experience and measure attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; Sam Houston State will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should students experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the technical support link within the course.
- Once holds are placed, students will need to complete the training and call the Title IX Office to remove holds Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
To request a Title IX Training presentation for your class, student organization or other event, please fill out the form below.