How To Join:
Memberships for the 2020-2021 academic year are closed. Check back this summer to sign up for 2020-2021!
- Visit the parent portal (click button below)
- Click "Sign Up" to create account
- Click "Here to Join"
- Scroll down and complete membership form
- Select membership option and checkout
- Complete payment information
- Welcome to the SHSU Parents' Association!
Once you have joined, you will receive a receipt via email or in the parent portal. You will receive a welcome letter, membership card(s), and car decal within 2 weeks. If you have any questions, please contact Parent & Family Relations at 936-294-2714 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sam Houston State University Parents' Association exists to create unique opportunities to engage and support parents, who in return, contribute to student retention.
- Scholarship Opportunities ($10,000 given annually)*
- Membership Discount Card**
- Parent T-shirt***
- Car Decal
- Personalized Newsletters
- Closed Facebook Group
- Volunteer Opportunities and Exclusive Events
The SHSU Parents' Association was first originated in 1925 when Sam Houston State Teachers College celebrated it's first Parents' Day. It was such a success that the association elected officers and officially became the Parents' Association on November 5, 1926. The SHSU Parents' Association is an official university organization housed within the Dean of Students' Office.
**Membership Card with benefits to include hotel, restaurant, and local business discounts
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SHSUParents/