Athletic Training Program Mission
The mission of the Athletic Training Program at Sam Houston State University is to provide a student-centered learning environment which collaborates with a variety of clinical experience sites in the global community to facilitate mastery of knowledge, skills, and professional behaviors necessary for the professional athletic trainer.
- Students will understand the role of the athletic trainer as a healthcare provider within an ever-changing healthcare system.
- Students will demonstrate practical knowledge in human movement and exercise which promotes health and quality patient care.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to make patient-centered healthcare decisions using Evidence-Based Practice.
- Students will exhibit professional behaviors required for professional practice in athletic training across a variety of healthcare settings.
- The program will recruit and retain a diverse group of students to the program as to facilitate a culturally diverse learning environment.